Author Topic: Salt Talks  (Read 27901 times)

Offline lsrjunkie

Re: Salt Talks
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2016, 11:19:41 AM »
Slim, I'll be in my 2500 Chevy long bed. Only thing I'm hauling is my old dirt bike. If ya need a couple tables for Slat Talks, I've got plenty of room and a couple 6 or 8 foot tables i can bring along if needed.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2016, 01:09:41 PM »
Slim:

Ill be there tomorrow around noon If I can help, please let me know.

Bill Reilly
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

gkabbt

« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2016, 06:17:22 PM »

Bill, looking forward to seeing you and Joe, Looking forward to meeting you.

Gregg

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2016, 07:02:00 PM »
Indeed Gregg! I do believe Bill and yourself have both helped with the progress of Ole Hank...
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2016, 08:02:41 PM »
Boyoboy, this no racin' for a coupla years is a bugger.  I mean -- I walk through the pits or registration or wherever and I can't get 25 feet without having to stop and shoot the breeze with somebody -- and dammit, each and every one of 'em has been smiling, too.  This is GREAT!!!!\

Okay - Salt Talks.  here's some more stuff, and I'll repeat the big question.  That is -- where the heck shall we hold this event?  Bend in the Road (tradition); new Museum parking lot (no mud if it rains, free camping there, just like at the Bend); the Wendover Community Center -- clean, real tables and walls and cooler and clean and no issues with me getting a sore throat from shouting ojn that danged bullhorn.  Anybody care or will you follow Nancy anywhere? :roll:

We've already got some good stuff donated for the raffle/auction, including a weather station from Delaware Chassis Works/Donna and Joe Timney.  And Pork Pie has offered up three astoundingly cool prints of the Danny Thompson Challenger II run from a coupla years ago - you remember, that 410 run?  I'll never forget just the sound - and you can get a signed photo at Salt Talks.  PP's set a minimum price on - and you'll see how cool they'll look on your wall at home.

We'll have some other swag, for sure - but I just got off the salt for the day and am still a bit dazed by the fun we're having.  This sh*t is SO COOL!

And a quick note for you that'll be showing up here:  SCTA is selling shirts and posters and other stuff from the past few years when they made it - and couldn't sell it without an event.  Fire sale prices mean - nothing goes back to SCTA storage.  Shirts are 10 bucks and decals and posters and go buy some and help the Club get some of the investment back.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline salt27

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2016, 08:15:43 PM »
Jon,
     I think you get better attendance at the Bend but it sure was nice not dealing with the dust at the museum site.

Tough choice, I vote for the museum site but I know not of the community center.

See you tomorrow, Don

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2016, 08:42:34 PM »
Thanks, Don.  Hey - if you talk to the Gus guy would you be so kind as to tell him that I did get his email/FB/PM/WTF.  I think it came in when the truck engine was farkled so I didn't remember to resp0ond.

See you soon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com