Author Topic: Fire Bottle Lines  (Read 3007 times)

Offline rmcmullin

• New folks
Fire Bottle Lines
« on: July 25, 2016, 07:09:36 PM »
I am re-routing the lines on my fire bottles and would like to install a short flexible line between the bottles and the hard lines mounted to the frame. Is there any problem with this?

Also, is there any source of specific guidance with respect to the location of the nozzles?  The rule book is not specific on this point.

Thanks

Offline DallasV

Re: Fire Bottle Lines
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:30:19 PM »
When it comes to safety and the rules not clearly stated I think it comes down to what risk you are willing to accept for safety. As it is not my butt in the seat I would not dare make a recommendation to a safety decision for you. What I would do if it were my butt in the seat is call the safety company that provided the bottles and ask for their expert opinion. That way I have something documented in writing from them rather than a recommendation from a forum member(s) if the excrement does hit the rotating air displacement device. Sorry kind of a weird response, but IMHO your asking something different than "can I run 90% in my yugo motor". :-D
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »
Dallas said:  "...can I run 90% in my Yugo motor...?"

The answer is an unqualified YES.

The next question is:  How long can I expect my motor to take to return to earth after I hit the throttle? :?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DallasV

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 08:44:37 PM »
First off I will almost always say yes to adding more pop.

Hopefully I am not out of line with my response but I think as forum members we take a certain risk when we give advice on critical safety decisions unless what we see is an obvious danger to the person asking the question and/or are a certified expert in that area.

The answer to your last question is air density will come into play but I'm thinking 30-35 seconds
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 11:45:16 AM »
PM sent.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records