Author Topic: Race teams back in town!  (Read 2953 times)

Offline crawford

Race teams back in town!
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:55:14 PM »
   Its great to see the race teams showing up to test and tune on the Salt Flats, Cook has been working night and day to get plenty of groomed salt for them to run on. Been out on the track and it is a little rough, but that is normal for this time of year. Seems to me that there is alot more distance than in some of the years in the past.

But then again its great to look out on the flats and see cars racing again, its been a long two years!!!!!!
Current Mayor of Wendover Utah, and life long race fan. owns Wendover Carquest auto-parts.

Offline TrickyDicky

Re: Race teams back in town!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 02:16:39 PM »
So who's there?

From Mike Cook's Facebook page:

First on the salt is this beautiful Honda powereed J/BFS.

Keith Copeland's C/BFMS Triumph, Marlo Treit's Target 550 streamliner and Sam Wheeler's motorcycle streamliner unloaded and setting up pits at the Cook Test and Tune.

I don't do Facebook but there might be more info if you can log in.

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
Re: Race teams back in town!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »
   Its great to see the race teams showing up to test and tune on the Salt Flats, Cook has been working night and day to get plenty of groomed salt for them to run on. Been out on the track and it is a little rough, but that is normal for this time of year. Seems to me that there is alot more distance than in some of the years in the past.

But then again its great to look out on the flats and see cars racing again, its been a long two years!!!!!!

We "Always Knew" that the racers woud be back"   :cheers:

uummmm, where are all those "nay sayers"  :roll: :-D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,