Author Topic: My Bonneville Video  (Read 6114 times)

Offline shiphteey

My Bonneville Video
« on: October 04, 2006, 02:22:42 PM »
As many already know I took my 12 out to Bonneville this year.  Stock motor, dry shot of nitrous.  

It took a day to edit the video since I've never edited a video before, quality is a little low due to helmet cam AND having to compress it to fit the 100MB limit.

Enjoy and I hope to see all of my salt brothers and sisters next year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz5g2Yibobw

A.
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4

Offline Larry Forstall

My Bonneville Video
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 11:17:12 PM »
Congrats Ali. Many talk about it but few actually do it. It is a big commitment and you made it. Nearly a 5000 mile round trip, ten days off from work, the expense, etc. etc. You are a racer, my highest compliment. Larry

Offline steve knecum

• New folks
My Bonneville Video
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:09:40 AM »
That's a cool Video. I met you downstairs at the bar at the nugget.. Great job!
SPEED

Offline Utahfab

Video
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 12:10:10 AM »
Nice!  Kudos on the run and video.  What editing software did you use?
Billy in Utah

Stock Hayabusa w/53k miles - 181.986mph.  Not so fast, Yet!

Offline hawkwind

My Bonneville Video
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 03:06:08 AM »
any details how you mounted the camera ,and what type
Gary
slower than most

dwarner

My Bonneville Video
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 09:41:21 AM »
I'm old - music is too loud, can't hear the engine and other sensor loads. Helmet mounted camera doesn't show the course, mile markers. Tach and speedo were ok though.

Is that the "dead guy" landard flopping around and not connected to the rider? I do cars, we don't need 'em.

Anyway, congrats on the run, look forward next time,

DW

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
My Bonneville Video
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 11:59:10 AM »
hey shippppppy
nice first try! I usually adjust my lens so it shoots forward in the riding position. that way i can see the track and my gages. the camera shoots the sky when recording any thing else. dont use a lens mounted on your bike cuz it get 2 much vibration. i also put the microphone in the top of my helmet before i put it on so it picks up a lot less wind noise and you can still record yourself screaming at 200+ :lol:
kent

Offline shiphteey

My Bonneville Video
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 03:20:28 PM »
Hey Steve, I remember...you out MPHed me @ Maxton AND Bonneville  :x  :lol:   on the Busa.

I'm kinda new to the PC world as i was using macs before....the program is called Nero.  Took about a day to edit.  

Still learning the whole helmetcam thing.  Its a Samsung, SC-X105L.  The quality is OK @ Best for video....pretty sturdy.  The sound was HORRIBLE.  I HAD to lower the volume significantly because anything over 100 mph is just crackling and garbage, can't hear the motor, too much wind noise.

3 or 4 inches in length and about 1" in diameter.  I mounted it with industrial velcro on the left side of my helmet.

I know what you mean about having the camera aiming skyward.  When testing on the streets w/friends I would be taping the sky when sitting up right, @ full tuck I'd get a more forward view though.  I felt that the speedo and tach would be good to catch since its all white and a blur.....looking back though catching the flags @ 200 mph wizzing by would have been cool too I suppose  :lol:

The lanyard is an ignition/fuel cut-off, if you go down on the bike it is supposed to cut the power to the bike.  I forgot to attach the hook to my wrist  :?

A.
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4

Offline Freud

New Solid State Cameras
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 12:50:04 AM »
I was told by Dick Lague that the camera inside Sam Wheelers bike has no tape or harddrive. It has a lot of memory and shaking is no problem. As I remember it can record for 30 minutes.
Changes are coming rapidly in that area of technology.
Contact Dick and more than likely he can hook you and your wallet up with the producer of that amazing camera. It's small, tough and very stable.

FREUD
Since '63

High Gear

Re: My Bonneville Video
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
We use a camera from HELMETCAMERA.COM that we got 3 yrs ago for about $425. It uses a memory chip to store the video and will hold about 20min on 256k. The camera is about 1 x4 and plugs into a Sony DVR.

You can see what we got from mounting the camera on the side of our periscope and the mic mounted inside the cockpit @ www.arrowracing.org

Gary

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: My Bonneville Video
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 03:42:31 PM »
Great pictures and videos
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

aching_ass