Author Topic: Directions  (Read 1919 times)

Jessechop

Directions
« on: July 06, 2016, 08:39:21 PM »
Guess what is less than a week away? The Maine Event! Here are some directions that will help you get here:

For all points south. Strike it north to Maine. Once you are in Maine head north on I95 (you can take coastal Rt 1 however this is about 8 additional hours of travel).

Many racers stop at exit #180 and get fuel and food at Dysarts truck stop. Some teams argue it is the reason they come racing, Either way, keep going north

Take exit #302 -Houlton and head north on US RT 1.

You will go through several small towns until you reach Mars Hill. Rt 1 will split, 1 and 1A. You can take either. 1A offers very limited amenities. 1 takes you through Presque Isle and Caribou. Either way it gets you in the right direction.

If you take 1A you will travel north untill you get into Limestone and take a left on RT 89. Take your second right onto Commerce Center Rd at the 4 way intersection. It is about 2.5 miles from the turn off in Limestone. After that it is the 2nd right, New Mexico Rd. There is (should be) signs.

Canadians who cross in Limestone/Gilespe you will follow this route. Go to the end of the Grand Falls RD (the road the boarder is on) Take a right onto main st and then a left onto Rt 89.

For you folks that took RT1 travel to Caribou. There is a new bypass, make sure you take a left off the new by pass following the signs to Limestone. You will go onto RT 89 and head towards Limestone. Take a left at Commerce Center rd and then right onto New Mexico RD. From the traffic light in Caribou (Burger King to your left) to Commerce Center Rd is 7.3 miles.

If you get lost stop and ask anyone, seriously, we are generally decent people....most of the time....see you all soon!

gkabbt

Re: Directions
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »

Many racers stop at exit #180 and get fuel and food at Dysarts truck stop. Some teams argue it is the reason they come racing.

Gotta agree with you on this Jesse. On my 1st trip to Loring back in 2012, I found out about Dysart's from the hotel front desk. I went there twice on that trip and then went once last year. Chicken Pot Pie, Corned Beef Sandwich, Poutine.....Man what GOOD food! I will stop there next week.

As long as we're talking about food, I can definitely recommend Grammy's Country Inn in Linneus, ME. It's about 8 miles SW of Houlton on US 2A. Saw good reviews on Yelp last year and my wife and I stopped. Like Dysart's, GOOD food here as well.

Gregg 

Jessechop

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 11:17:58 AM »
You won't leave hungry from Gammys that is certin

gkabbt

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:07:14 PM »

All I got to say is Dysart's:-----Reuben sandwich, Poutine and Tea=====D*A*M*N GOOD FOOD!

Gregg