Author Topic: Some Requested Rules Clarifications  (Read 6342 times)

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
Some Requested Rules Clarifications
« on: October 02, 2006, 09:53:24 PM »
Howdy Guys,

I scanned through a lot of previous posts and did not find everything that I needed to be explained. Sorry if the stuff is here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

A) Vehicle "Logbook" : What is format and how does one build same? What does the document cover? Pics of vehicle build? Diagrams and strength calcs for cage design/fabrication, etc?

B) Can a Monza GT package be run in the GT Sports or Modified Sports category?

Thanks in advance for helping an old guy some patient explanations.

HB2
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 11:20:30 PM »
Ok, I haven't run a race yet, but here's my take on it. To run at El Mirage:
1. You have to join the SCTA through one of the dozen or so car clubs. Attend two meetings and you can be voted in by secret ballot.
2. Joining gets you a rule book.
3. Once you join, you need a vehicle number. Chuck Kalbach handles vehicle numbers.
4. After reading the rule book and you have a vehicle that's ready to race, bring it to an event. At the registration trailer you can buy a Vehicle Log Book for $10. That gets you a Chassis Identification Number (CIN) sticker.
5. Once you have the Vehicle Log Book and CIN you can have the vehicle inspected. First time vehicles are looked over very carefully. You need to be ready to race with all your gear. The inspectors are going to want you in the vehicle strapped in to see how long it takes you to get out in an emergency.
6. AFTER you pass inspection you can go back to the registration trailer and register to race. Participants sign an insurance waiver and get an identifiing arm band.
7. Attend rookie orientation.
8. Do a course walk to see the course condition and pick up loose stuff. Everybody has to do a course walk to compete.
9. Attend the drivers meeting and run!
If I missed something please feel free to correct. I've been taking notes at races, but haven't done it yet.
The number on the cover is the CIN number that makes your vehicle unique.

This is the first page and all of the information goes here. The second page is for notes, the third page is for specific event inspections and every other page is the same as the third page. The complete track of the vehicle is eventually in the log book.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 11:37:06 PM »
thats pretty good dean!

landracing

Re: Some Requested Rules Clarifications
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 11:43:16 PM »
Quote from: Harold Bettes
Howdy Guys,

I scanned through a lot of previous posts and did not find everything that I needed to be explained. Sorry if the stuff is here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

A) Vehicle "Logbook" : What is format and how does one build same? What does the document cover? Pics of vehicle build? Diagrams and strength calcs for cage design/fabrication, etc?

B) Can a Monza GT package be run in the GT Sports or Modified Sports category?

Thanks in advance for helping an old guy some patient explanations.

HB2

harold,

While Dean's posts cover el mirage and answers part of your question. Let me make a few points.
1. you DO NOT have to be a SCTA member to race at Bonneville
2. You will have to join the BNI, which also gets you a rule book and entry passes
3. The log book covers the history of the vehicle. The are cheap. They encourage putting pictures in the book. This way it keeps track of the history of vehicle and any modifications you have made or changes they recommend you do.
4. I dont ever remember having to be a BNI or SCTA member to acquire a number. They are free and you just call for a number.
5. And you do not have to do a course walk at Bonneville. A course drive, yes it is suggested but not required.

All depends on if you are racing el mirage or Bonneville, IF EL Mirage Dean's posts is pretty darn good, but if you intend on running Bonneville things do change a little.

As for Monza in GT or Modified Sports>>  I do not have an answer for you I hope people like Dan Warner can answer that for you.

Thanks for coming in Harold and have fun.
Jon Amo
webmaster/owner

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 12:29:22 AM »
I'll chime in...

1. A Monza what??? Most of the Monza's we see are Chevrolet Monza's or their derivative. They are production cars and on through that group of cars.

2. Once you obtain a SCTA/BNI log book put it in a 3 ring binder. Keep needed receipts, membership card, etc: in there along with a rule book (zip pencil container)

3. If you have a questionable car many pictures would be nice and an original factory brochure (a copy is good).

4. I'm sure I'll think of something else. Good luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
Thanks for all the help
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 11:27:41 PM »
Hey Guys,

Thanks a million for the help on my questions. I really appreciate y'all taking the time to offer your comments.

Regards to all,
HB2
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 12:18:18 AM »
If your Monza only had a front seat and there was never a back seat, it would fit in GT if more than 500 were produced.  
If it has a back seat, or even a padded shelf, count on being in the production class.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 02:29:17 AM »
American classic ?

What class is Robby Cohns car run in, I think he also has run the car in altered by filling in the headlight area ?

J

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 02:48:08 AM »
G'day Harold from down under  :D
slower than most

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 02:54:28 AM »
Quote from: hawkwind
G'day Harold from down under  :D

Gary,

If you are "down under" then we must be "up top" or up over?

J

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 03:10:15 AM »
up over mr noonan ,is'nt that something you do with a leg and a certian bedroom sport ,or am i thinking of legover wine  :?
Gary
slower than most