Author Topic: Rooms available for Speedweek  (Read 15123 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Rooms available for Speedweek
« on: July 03, 2016, 01:49:22 AM »
  As of Sunday Morning July 3rd I have three (and possibly a fourth) rooms  available at the Nugget For Speedweek 2016.
  All rooms are two queen beds and non smoking.
  All rooms start on Friday August 12th and check out on Thursday morning August 18th.
  Price is $853.29 each (I am not sure if all taxes and fees are included in that price).
  NO, YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE START DATE.
  YES, YOU CAN EXTEND THE CHECK OUT DATE AS WELL AS CHECK OUT EARLIER WITH ONE FULL DAYS NOTICE.

If You are interested in any or all rooms, contact Me ASAP.  I must cancel them by Saturday, July 9th or pay a $200. cancelation fee for each room.
  Therefor, To reserve the room or rooms I will give You two choices.
  The first is to send Me a certified check by registered mail for two hundred bucks (per room) which I must receive by Friday July 8th and which is non refundable if You bail for any reason before August 12th but which will be credited back to You once You transfer the room (with a Credit Card).
  The second choice is for You to contact the Hotel  by email (which I will provide to You along with the confirmation number ('s) needed to assume the rooms using your credit card.  If I don't receive confirmation from the Nugget that this has happened by Friday evening July 8th, I will cancel any or all rooms on Saturday morning July 9th.
  I will only let these rooms go to pre entered racers or people helping on those cars or planning on entering their race vehicles at the meet from tomorrow Sunday July 3rd thru Tuesday July 5th and as of Wednesday Morning July 6th, they are up for grabs to whom ever wants them.
  That's the deal and NO I won't hold them for You.  You want them, get off Your Acura and "git er done".
  If You have any questions, re read what I just wrote.  If You can't figure it out, call Stan Back and He will explain it for You. :dhorse:
                                                                                      "One Run" Bob Drury
                                                                                       (360) 696-1428 home
                                                                                       (360) 241-4768 cell
                                                                                        lorideorbob@aol.com
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:55:30 AM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Rooms available for Speedweek
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 02:01:09 PM »
  The rooms are gone.  They all went to Speedweek Entrants which is what I wished for.
                                                            Thanx and I hope Everyone has a good safe Speedweek.
  p.s. You may still see Me show up (sans car but with Fire Suit and Helmet... just in case)!
                                                                            Old One Run, out................................................................................
Bob Drury

Offline n49racer

• Faster Faster
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 12:44:28 PM »
I too have 4 rooms available at the Nugget Hotel for SpeedWeek 2016. 2 Queens non smoking. I should be able to change the dates. As with Bob, hopefully to some teams that will be racing. Give me a call.

Ted Allan
403-644-2441 Home
403-862-8555 Cell
B/STR  209.97 best
B/RMR  248.45 Record Holder 2012
B/FRMR  248.85 Record Holder 2012
2 club member 2012

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 01:11:01 PM »
  Ted, it has been My past experience with the Nugget over many years that You cannot change the starting date and it is best to not try to change the check out date up front.  That can Be done after the first day and only requires 24 hr notice.   
  Believe Me, You Do Not Want To Add To the Confusion within their Reservation Employees AT ANY TIME.
  Feel free to p.m. Me for info on how to handle the room transfer.      Bob
Bob Drury

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 01:55:50 PM »
Hey Ted, I was looking forward to seeing you and your big-motored RMR go fast again!
Willi
Kraut Bros.
Who Has More Fun?

Offline n49racer

• Faster Faster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 04:14:32 PM »
Hey Willi
I see you've bin wearin that car out on the dirt. You managed to get in the dirty 2 club I think I saw. If so congratulations! I'm just waiting for some panels to come back from the painter then put it all together and in the box. Theres a lot of new stuff on it so I hope it all works. See you on the salt buddy

Cheers
Ted
B/STR  209.97 best
2 club member 2012

Offline n49racer

• Faster Faster
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »
Dang, I didn't look at you avitar, congrats

:-o :-o
B/STR  209.97 best
2 club member 2012

Offline n49racer

• Faster Faster
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 06:00:59 PM »
1 room gone to a racer. 3 still available

Ted
B/STR  209.97 best
2 club member 2012

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 08:47:22 PM »
Yes, Ted, the Kraut Bros. are still having fun - Rick and Martin made it into the Dirty 2 Club, too - now it's time for a couple of red hats for them!
The car is on its third log book . . .
Looking forward to catching up with you in August.
Willi

Kraut Bros.
Who Has More Fun?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 09:30:57 PM »
Bob, with all due respect I'd like to hijack your topic into a general one about lodging at SW.  We always have folks doing what you've done - list extra rooms -- and we have folks looking for 'em.  The topic's title is good, so Viola -- this is now the topic for all, although you still get first dibs on flogging your rooms.

So - I've heard that Elena and someone else from Hot Rod were told that rooms are not available in Wendover/W.Wendover.  Anybody got any input on that story?  Let's hear it, plizz. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline edinlr

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 09:47:09 PM »
Rooms are still available at the Montego Bay, pricey but better than sleeping in your truck.

https://wendoverfun.com/rooms/packages/speed-week/
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 02:35:11 PM »
Ted, - thanks - I got squared away with one of those rooms.
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931

Offline n49racer

• Faster Faster
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 01:12:35 PM »
WOW  :-o
I would have thought there would be someone out there looking for rooms. The 3 extra rooms I had at the Nugget are now CANCELLED. Good Luck. See you on the salt.

Ted
B/STR  209.97 best
2 club member 2012

Offline vintageracecar

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 01:26:20 PM »
Rooms are still available for Speed Week.
Scta website & FB page just posted this link:

https://wendoverfun.com/rooms/packages/speed-week/

Mike

Offline bboatman

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »
Speedweekers,

The principal at our local high school lives in a really nice home on the nicest street in town. He's going to be out of town during the week of Speedweek. He recently told me that he's willing to rent out the house, or individual rooms, either way, for this year's events. I asked for his permission to post his name and number. He'll be expecting your calls.

His name is Craig and his number is 702-927-3906

Act quickly. I'm sure it will go quickly.

Brian Boatman