Author Topic: VP to cut leaded fuels in Australia  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
VP to cut leaded fuels in Australia
« on: June 26, 2017, 07:30:25 PM »
I think I'd seen bits of this, but here's a link to a statement from VP about the issue in Aus.

http://vpracing.com.au/news/vp-racing-fuels-australia-statement-regarding-phase-out-leaded-racing-fuels
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: VP to cut leaded fuels in Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 02:12:51 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Slim.  It takes several years to figure out how to deal with possible rule changes.  The Sunoco 260 GT Plus is their top grade unleaded.  It is being used for engine development this year.  The goal is to collect some good data about using this stuff so we are prepared if if becomes the only choice.  Also, the ventilation in the dyno room leaves a lot to be desired.  If it sucked it would be a lot better than it is now.

It looks like not much, if anything, will be given up performance wise (HP and torque) based on previous dyno testing with leaded vs unleaded mid-octane fuel.  The exceptions are cost and fuel economy.  The leaded gas gives advantages in these two aspects.   

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 07:55:07 AM »
I contacted Paul Agazzi at VP in Australia regarding fuel availability and included the ERC sheet.  He was quick to get back to me with Australian equivalents.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline maj

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »
ERC is available here, There is an outlet in Melbourne Vic , Very handy to tune and run on same fuel here as we use at Bonneville