Author Topic: USFRA test and tune  (Read 9114 times)

Offline jdincau

USFRA test and tune
« on: June 26, 2016, 12:40:44 PM »
From the USFRA facebook page

As always the salt changes from hour to hour. Last friday we had Dennis and Larry out there. It is with heavy heart and disappointment that we are reporting that there is still too much water in all the wrong places. The Test and Tune is cancelled. Thank you for your support.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: USFRA test and tune
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 12:47:48 PM »
dammmmmmmmmm
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:14:11 PM »
Thanks for trying.

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 04:22:11 PM »
And so it begins  :-(
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 04:56:20 PM »
The area where we had planned to drag the course was in pretty decent shape.  However, there is still standing water at the end of the access road and the areas where we would have access to a pit area. We did not want to take any chances of causing damage to the surface and possibly jeopardizing future events.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 10:05:26 PM »
  Thanks, Monty. We all appreciate your efforts.
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 07:24:45 AM »
The area where we had planned to drag the course was in pretty decent shape.  However, there is still standing water at the end of the access road and the areas where we would have access to a pit area. We did not want to take any chances of causing damage to the surface and possibly jeopardizing future events.

There were some reports/suggestions from earlier in the spring that the salt crust surface was possibly not adequate to  support a meet. (IIRC report was 3/4" at the 2 1/2mile was the best seen) The wet conditions aside, were you able to assess the surface to throw some light on how it has done over the winter?
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 07:42:15 AM »
Pat McDowell said that SCTA/BNI were planning a visit to the salt this week (I think), so I 'spose those folks'll find let us know further details of what they find.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »
Let's all hope that the conditions have improved over the winter. Water on the salt this late, just makes us all hold our breath that things will be OK in 6 weeks.

Thanks goes out to to the USFRA folks for making a safe call to protect the Salt surface for later events, if that becomes possible.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline crawford

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 10:57:59 AM »
salts drying out very nice, drove the three tracks yesterday after the three days of SCTA draging, some rough patches but nice up to five miles, should take about 5 days of 90 degress, which is comming this week. Mike Cook is comming up to do some work on the long track, but things are comming together, Should be pretty solid by the 10th of july, the end of the road is and has always be wet, but its firm.
Mike Crawford
Wendover
Current Mayor of Wendover Utah, and life long race fan. owns Wendover Carquest auto-parts.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 11:34:31 AM »
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Freud

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 11:03:05 PM »
Mike You have addressed the important items.

We are fortunate to have you as our observer and reporter.

Thanks,

FREUD
Since '63