Author Topic: Curious.. Am I the only one from Chicagoland into LSR??  (Read 8734 times)

Offline pipehack

• New folks
Curious.. Am I the only one from Chicagoland into LSR??
« on: June 18, 2016, 01:19:16 PM »
 Want to know how many folks are from my area, Chicago and suburbs are doing this or interested in LSR. ??
 Don't mean to clog up this section of the forum with questions like this.
                                                            Bill (Pipehack)

Jessechop

Re: Curious.. Am I the only one from Chicagoland into LSR??
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:55:27 PM »
I know Jim Fischer is in your area, Uncle Jimbo on here if I remember correctly

Offline Podunk

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 07:30:46 PM »
Bill,
I'm in Valparaiso, IN. Two guys close run roadsters and one a 200 mph Mitchabitchee Eclipse. We try to get together on Thursday nights. Let me know if you can make it and I'll let you know where. 219-299-8398.
Terry

gkabbt

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 07:36:16 PM »
Bill,
I'm in Valparaiso, IN. Two guys close run roadsters and one a 200 mph Mitchabitchee Eclipse. We try to get together on Thursday nights. Let me know if you can make it and I'll let you know where. 219-299-8398.
Terry

Terry.....Mitchabitchee Eclipse    ROTFLMAO!!!!!   :cheers:

Gregg

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 08:00:32 PM »
It's the southern brogue that makes it look different to you, Grainger I mean Gregg.  I've heard it pronounced MITT soob She.  I think Mitchabitchee Eclipse is better.  Thanks, Terry 8-)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Podunk

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 09:15:15 PM »
Bill,
I just noticed your location is 15 mi. east of downtown Chicago. That's a long swim to Indiana.  :-P
Terry

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 09:46:05 PM »
We've got racers here in Milwaukee - Racine.  Bertil Sollenskog in Lake County raced a SAAB for years - he unfortunately passed a few years back, but if you were to draw a 100 mile circle around Chicago, you'd find more of us than you'd think.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline pipehack

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 07:10:37 PM »
Bill,
I just noticed your location is 15 mi. east of downtown Chicago. That's a long swim to Indiana.  :-P
Terry

I don't know what happened there. I'm in the far south suburbs of Chicago.

Offline landspeedrich

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 11:07:08 PM »
Bill,
Terry

5100 AA/GL Saltflyer lakester is based out of Lake Forest up in the NW burbs.Were signed on for Speedweek again this year.Hope the salt cooperates this year.Are you going to Speedweek?   landspeedrich

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 12:35:43 AM »
Bill,
Terry

Sometimes when you neglect to fill in the location in your profile Slim does it for you. It's his way of getting you to complete it correctly. I think that's probably what happened.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline pipehack

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 11:10:59 AM »
Bill,
Terry

5100 AA/GL Saltflyer lakester is based out of Lake Forest up in the NW burbs.Were signed on for Speedweek again this year.Hope the salt cooperates this year.Are you going to Speedweek?   landspeedrich

I'm in the middle of the "Big D". So, No... It won't happen for a while. I've got an old Triumph T65 in a "Bobber. I hate saying that because it's such a common thing now a days. I'm ready to yank that sucker out of there. I've chatted with Bill Anderson a couple of time who was very generous enough to send me pictures of his sidecar Weslake bike during it's build. I like that I can make it as simple or complicated as I want. I'm a plumber by trade so I'll definitely go SIMPLE....

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 05:21:49 PM »
Want to know how many folks are from my area, Chicago and suburbs are doing this or interested in LSR. ??
                                                            Bill (Pipehack)

There are a few of us here just below the "Cheddar Curtain".

60046 is my home, pretty far from the SE burbs.
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline pipehack

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 07:19:24 PM »
                                                            Bill (Pipehack)

There are a few of us here just below the "Cheddar Curtain".

60046 is my home, pretty far from the SE burbs.

The Cheddar cutain.. You're killing me.,.... My Pop lives in Minocqua. I Love Wisconsin. I just wish some of the folks from Chicago didn't act like...... Um.... F.I.B's or FISHTABS. I have better choice of words but I'll save that for in person. You guys are great. Thank you to all that replied.

Offline TAKERRY

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 05:13:23 PM »
I've been into LSR ever since I read about Al Teague. 2011 drove to Bonneville made the 130 club. One of the best times ever. Have been racing ECTA in Ohio since. Last year I was to return to Bonneville for 150 club rained out. Drove to Ohio last weekend ran 144.2 with loose rocker arm and low fuel pressure. As always fixed car in rest area. Have hotel reservations for Sept but will have to wait another year no time. Love to talk. 847-298-4933
No trailer ran 135mph at the World of Speed 2011 see you in 2012 in Ohio and back at Bonneville at the world of speed going for the 150club 1979 Firebird T/A White . Ck out YOU TUBE. KERRY AT BONNEVILLE. Didn't  make 2012,2013,2014. ECTA in Ohio 2012 trans went out and 2013 fuel problems . Still trans and fuel problems. Finally all looks good. Ready to drive (no trailer) 1500 miles to Bonneville and It's cancelled. NEXT YEAR. SEPT. ECTA RAN 144 MPH. GETTING BETTER. 2021 Ran 152 fulfilled a ten year dream to make the 150 club.

Offline pipehack

• New folks
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 09:37:21 PM »
I've been into LSR ever since I read about Al Teague. 2011 drove to Bonneville made the 130 club. One of the best times ever. Have been racing ECTA in Ohio since. Last year I was to return to Bonneville for 150 club rained out. Drove to Ohio last weekend ran 144.2 with loose rocker arm and low fuel pressure. As always fixed car in rest area. Have hotel reservations for Sept but will have to wait another year no time. Love to talk. 847-298-4933

Awesome. Racers and Bikers have been the best people I've ever met. Marines too. not in any order. You guys are great!!