Author Topic: Bite the hand - revisted  (Read 9841 times)

Offline dw230

Bite the hand - revisted
« on: June 05, 2016, 04:16:27 PM »
I find it funny that there were three pages of negative posts re: the BLM letter to Bill Lattin but no "way to go Bill" when the 2nd BLM letter was released.

Working with SEMA and Russ Deane Bill was able to get a concession to visit the salt in order to make an  assessment on the conditions. Not aware of this? Visit www.scta-bni.org or the SCTA FB page.

Way to go Bill  :cheers:

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
Re: Bite the hand - revisted
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 05:23:05 PM »
DW and All that knew - :-D

I did not know that there was a second letter. :-o

It is good that Lattin has negotiated the inspection trip so the folks can survey the course(s) and layout for a potential meet. :-o

You are correct Dan, Lattin is due a way to go Bill..... :cheers:

I find it even more amusing that we all are supposed to walk and talk softly concerning the BLM lest they make good on threats....My Congressman sits on a mining committee and he is aware of the situation....He maintains that the BLM cannot get away with such threats.....Guess we'll see what we will see. :-P

Thanks Dan for the heads up and again.....Bill Lattin - Ya done good, but be careful and don't let them get behind you....take pictures and record the conversations when dealing with those folks. 8-)

Regards,
HB2 :-)
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 06:19:42 PM »
Absolutely way to go Bill.  I for one am gun shy now,  any discussion seems to devolve quickly.  After the chiding for sharing the last letter  I think everyone is now just holding back.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 07:49:13 PM »
Could someone post a link to where it is on the SCTA website as I cannot find it. I am not a Facebook person so I don't go there as it blocks three quarters of the page wanting me to sign up.

Also I am sure there are people like me who don't frequent this site or the SCTA site everyday.

Glad to hear Bill will at least be able to step on the salt and assess the condition.

Bill Lattin, Thank you for your dedication and hard work regarding the SCTA.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 08:03:40 PM »
Check out reply *67 in "Re: Where will you be August 13th?". It looks like Bill is making progress.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 10:27:23 PM »
From SCTA's Facebook page:

Message from the SCTA President / Race Director

We have some great news to report! With assistance from Stuart Gosswein and Russ Deane with SEMA and Save the Salt Foundation we were able to negotiate with the BLM regarding our pre-trip plans. The BLM sent representatives out to the salt Friday June 3rd. The BLM reported the salt to be quite thin in some areas and reported improvements in miles 5 and 7. At this point we have permission to go out and access the conditions however, it may be a week or two before we can wheel pack or drag. I have expressed my concerns about wheel packing the areas of our long course from the 2 mile to the 3 1/2 where the silt came down from the mountains during the heavy rains. This will be necessary ASAP before the surface gets hard in order to have a smooth course through that area.

In closing I would like to thank Stuart Gosswein, Russ Deane and everyone inolved at the BLM for working together and coming to a resolution on this issue. I will keep the membership updated as the plans come together and more information becomes available.

Respectfully,
Bill Lattin
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 04:02:43 PM »
subscribing
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 01:59:11 PM »
After getting kicked in the askme,
And Bill asking for no sharing,,, I didn't

But yes it was a great move on Bills part.

This is a delicate time, I talked to the mayor of Wendover and he is positive of an event this year. Wendover is getting the same weather patterns as in 2012, the good year.  So with some heat and drying it looks good.

I am uping the count on the calendar run.
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 04:38:51 PM »
After getting kicked in the askme,
And Bill asking for no sharing,,, I didn't

But yes it was a great move on Bills part.

This is a delicate time, I talked to the mayor of Wendover and he is positive of an event this year. Wendover is getting the same weather patterns as in 2012, the good year.  So with some heat and drying it looks good.

I am uping the count on the calendar run.

That sounds like positive news for a change   8-)
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Wester

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 09:43:37 PM »
I'm remembering the thirty five plus years that Rick Vesco has worked to save the salt. USFRA was formed because the BLM didn't consider the one week a year that SCTA came to Utah as the kind of usage that should allow a continuing of racing on the salt. How about a huge THANK YOU to Rick for his years of effort?

Offline desotoman

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 03:29:16 PM »
From SCTA's Facebook page:

Message from the SCTA President / Race Director

We have some great news to report! With assistance from Stuart Gosswein and Russ Deane with SEMA and Save the Salt Foundation we were able to negotiate with the BLM regarding our pre-trip plans. The BLM sent representatives out to the salt Friday June 3rd. The BLM reported the salt to be quite thin in some areas and reported improvements in miles 5 and 7. At this point we have permission to go out and access the conditions however, it may be a week or two before we can wheel pack or drag. I have expressed my concerns about wheel packing the areas of our long course from the 2 mile to the 3 1/2 where the silt came down from the mountains during the heavy rains. This will be necessary ASAP before the surface gets hard in order to have a smooth course through that area.

In closing I would like to thank Stuart Gosswein, Russ Deane and everyone inolved at the BLM for working together and coming to a resolution on this issue. I will keep the membership updated as the plans come together and more information becomes available.

Respectfully,
Bill Lattin
Check out reply *67 in "Re: Where will you be August 13th?". It looks like Bill is making progress.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Thanks Pete and Justin for the help.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.