Author Topic: Arrests made in Salt Flats damage?  (Read 15504 times)

Offline aircap

"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline Eddieschopshop

Re: Arrests made in Salt Flats damage?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 11:41:04 AM »
I don't see anywhere in the articles that arrest were made.  Did I miss something?

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »
Warrants were issued for other activities in Wyoming.

John Powell, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Wyoming, said the warrants were issued after his office obtained pictures that showed the men leaving the boardwalk to pose in front of Grand Prismatic hot spring, and images of the men's license plates.

Attempts to reach High on Life SundayFundayz for comment were unsuccessful.

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 03:50:45 PM »
No, they did not get arrested yet.

I think this just shows how little regard the BLM and government law officials show for the salt flats. The "High" Canadians step off the Yellowstone boardwalk and arrest warrants are issued. However if they permanently damage the salt flats all they get is some BLM official saying they shouldn't have done that.

They better not get stopped in the US for anything else or they WILL get arrested.

Don
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:55:42 PM by donpearsall »
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 04:20:08 PM »
As a Canadian all I can say is arrest them and for all I care hang them. Idiots like that certainly don't represent our country and I'd love to see them punished to the full extent of the law for every indiscretion they make.

I'm going to contact my Member of Parliament to see if something can't be done on this side of the border to punish a**holes who cross the border and seem to feel they don't have to obey the rules in The United States.

Pete

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 06:13:44 PM »
Now if we could just arrest those who are really destroying the salt flats............never happen.
John

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 07:02:55 PM »
also the read ----about how what they and others have done to the microscopic capillaries seems to be a smoke screen------
look over here----Watch the shiny object!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Robin UK

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 09:28:01 AM »
So let me get this straight. A bunch of numpties decide to ignore the warning signs and go charging around on the salt damaging the surface. They deserve to be dealt with harshly along with all others who do the same. But from observation alone, Dr Brenda Bowen concludes that incidents like these may be a contributory factor towards the demise of the salt flats. Meanwhile, the actions of those who remove thousands of tons of salt every year need to be the subject of detailed, long term studies to determine if that is also contributing to the salt's demise. By observation alone, I conclude that this is getting more and more like the Mad Hatter's Tea Party every day.

Robin

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 09:51:24 AM »
While I totally agree with the three comments above it still annoys me that some jerks from my country feel free to enter your's and carry out whatever destructive action they feel like doing and boast about it. I'd feel the same about a group of Americans coming up here and doing the same. Some slime just don't deserve to live freely in this world.

Pete

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 10:56:07 AM »
PJ

Twice I have personally threated to throw full unopened cans of beer  and other hard objects through windshields--as well as threatened to report their lisc numbers to the local athu. of US lisc. cars not behaving as citizens doing the same thing if they didn't stop doing the same thing.  stupidity/ boorish behavior knows no boundries.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 12:18:36 PM »
Sound's like she wants us to believe that the entire salt crust comes from microscopic pores in and beneath the salt. Give me a break. Obviously she has been going only the past few years after the salt was gone and paid to do so by grants and report (she sees no change).
I was under the impression from the Discovery Channel or History Channel documentary that the salt was from a hundreds of feet deep 100% brine lake that evaporated many eons ago. But there again, the documentary's were made by numerous scientists and geologists who had "NO" vested interest. What would they know?

I'm biased and so is she.
Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 02:38:01 PM »
While the complaint is well founded, it's not an isolated incident but the explanation is pure bull$hit.
Rational visitors are doing doughnuts all the time out there, they even put their under age kids behind the wheel & grab the video camera.
Check this aerial view.
  Sid.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhZMfpRkRCY

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 06:06:52 PM »
Just like there's a "Mud Patrol" @ El Mirage Dry Lake, we might need a "Salt Patrol" on the flats.
Who Has More Fun?

Offline bbarn

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2016, 09:18:48 AM »
So let me get this straight. A bunch of numpties decide to ignore the warning signs and go charging around on the salt damaging the surface. They deserve to be dealt with harshly along with all others who do the same. But from observation alone, Dr Brenda Bowen concludes that incidents like these may be a contributory factor towards the demise of the salt flats. Meanwhile, the actions of those who remove thousands of tons of salt every year need to be the subject of detailed, long term studies to determine if that is also contributing to the salt's demise. By observation alone, I conclude that this is getting more and more like the Mad Hatter's Tea Party every day.

Robin

So there is a really stupid movie that has been out for a number of years call "Idiocracy". the summary is "Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes five centuries in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive."

Who knew that it was going to actually be a documentary on social/political events of 2016? It isn't the best movie, kind of a B or even a C movie but it is uncanny how it parallels the current social/political spectrum.
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2016, 10:14:25 AM »
The inmates are running the asylum!  :-(
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz