Author Topic: Fuel Pickup/Mini Truck  (Read 14877 times)

Offline Billy @ AHG

Re: Fuel Pickup/Mini Truck
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 08:38:53 PM »
Dan, or Mike .  some time ago we discussed the location of stock fuel tanks , when it came to pickups, I know the book sez if it's in the cab it has to be removed. Ok, but you guys mentioned something about if not, the tank has to be physically in the stock location, however it does not have to be used, A fuel cell is the obvious way to go.
However for the life of me I cannot find such a thing mentioned in the book. This is Production class of course,  can you give me a paragraph or something to refer to ?? Thanks, Richard, AKA, Billy.
Salt Junkie

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 03:36:31 PM »
Some things are inferred to in the rules (ie not actually printed).  Production category states that vehicle must be aerodynamically "stone stock".  This would include retaining exterior fuel tanks BUT for safety purposes, the stock tank doesn't need to actually be used to hold fuel.  It just needs to be there to fill the hole it originally lived in so that it's removal doesn't give an aerodynamic advantage.  If a truck has an in-cab gas tank, it can be replaced with a bed mounted fuel cell legally since there was no exterior gas tank to begin with. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline MRK

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 11:19:08 AM »
Dan, or Mike .  some time ago we discussed the location of stock fuel tanks , when it came to pickups, I know the book sez if it's in the cab it has to be removed. Ok, but you guys mentioned something about if not, the tank has to be physically in the stock location, however it does not have to be used, A fuel cell is the obvious way to go.
However for the life of me I cannot find such a thing mentioned in the book. This is Production class of course,  can you give me a paragraph or something to refer to ?? Thanks, Richard, AKA, Billy.

Trucks running in PP, MP or BMP classes MUST have the cab mounted gas tank removed. See pages 88 and or 95 of the 2017 rule book.
Coupes and Sedans running in Production classes must retain the stock gas tank but it does not need to be used.

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline GW

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 12:00:52 PM »
Please explain "...must retain the stock gas tank but it does not need to be used."

GW

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 12:37:45 PM »
Please explain "...must retain the stock gas tank but it does not need to be used."

GW

Read Nathan Stewart's response 2 up.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline dw230

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 01:12:16 PM »
Pretty simple.

Keep the tank, don't use it.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 11:21:41 PM »
Production classes usually require things like the gas tank be in place, but does not have to be used.  We used ours for a water tank back in the 70's when we ran GT.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O