Author Topic: isn't May the month where folks start speculating about upcoming salt condition?  (Read 31595 times)

Offline salt27

Lands End, June 9th.

My apologies for the sub-par pictures, I used my phone.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 02:22:05 AM by salt27 »

Offline entropy

Salt27:  That pic of lands end is very encouraging, Thanks!
karl

Offline kiwi belly tank

It would be wise for everybody involved here to know what the BLM's interpretation of that sign is. While it appears to be pointed at the likes of the recent crazies in the bus, I don't trust the BLM in any way to not try & screw us out of Bonneville.
"If the salt is moist or has standing water on it". Think about that for a minute???
  Sid.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Hmmmmm    :-o  might could be a mud ball   :-o !!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
It would be wise for everybody involved here to know what the BLM's interpretation of that sign is. While it appears to be pointed at the likes of the recent crazies in the bus, I don't trust the BLM in any way to not try & screw us out of Bonneville.
"If the salt is moist or has standing water on it". Think about that for a minute???
  Sid.
Same sign and conditions have kept us off El mirage in the past when the course is  dry and the lake bed at entry was muddy.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
There have been instances where the BLM folks have been reasonable, though. Diplomacy and politeness do work, and I want to thank Bill Lattin and a few other SCTA officials for making many things possible that could have gone the wrong way for us.
Who Has More Fun?

Offline desotoman

This information comes from the SCTA Website, but I am sure most of you all know this already as it was posted yesterday.

Tom G.

Preliminary Salt Prep.Trip - CANCELLED

To All,

Shortly after starting out on the pre-trip this morning we received a message from
employees of Intrepid Mining who were on the Salt. Due to recent rain this weekend
there is approx. 2 to 3 inches of standing water on the Salt surface. Because air temps
are low & humidity is high, the evaporation process will take several days to begin. 

Thanks to this information from Intrepid, we were able to turn around before we got too
far & we were able to reschedule our equipment rentals, which saves us a lot. So a thank you goes out to Intrepid for the heads up.

We are already working out details to setup a future trip (probably in a couple of weeks). 

Also, a special thanks to all of the pre-trip team members, I know they all lost a lot of
sleep trying to get this done.
We’ll do it again real soon.......
Pat McDowell
BNI Chairman
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline edinlr

So in theory, with all this water, the salt should dry out nice and smooth in a couple of weeks.....
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline entropy

So in theory, with all this water, the salt should dry out nice and smooth in a couple of weeks.....

Ed, I LIKE how you think!
karl