Author Topic: Its saturday night....who ran what mph?!?!?!  (Read 5422 times)

Offline shiphteey

Its saturday night....who ran what mph?!?!?!
« on: September 22, 2006, 11:40:25 PM »
Vincent Hill as well as I could not make it out till October... :?

What did Dave O run....??? Still chomping away @ Guy's heels?  :lol: Any new records?!?!

A.
Gemini Motorcycles
229.6 mph at Loring
201.957 mph 2-way average @ Bonneville;
203.85 @ the Maxton Mile
207.2 @ Maxton -- NAKED
200.2 mph @ TX Mile
195.6 mph on GPS @ the 9/10ths
9.4 @ 157 in the 1/4

terry russell

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 05:33:33 PM »
Just left maxton,now it's sat .afternoon 38 bikes 16 cars.
Saw alot of 190-210 bike runs . 1 217 bike 1 220+ car.Iknow there were a few faster bikes just dont know who.Duprees fait threw a rod.damn I hate that!
terry

racin jason

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 09:32:18 PM »
how fast did the "tiger" go??

landracing

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 04:08:53 AM »
I think 201 in one class,

then changed classes and went 211 or 213 as of Saturday night.

THis put Mr. Noonan in the ECTA 2 club.

Yancy bike top dog right now at 223..

Jon

Offline 2fast4u2c

• http://www.TigerRacingProducts.com
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 09:28:07 PM »
The "Tiger" went 201 on a shake down run then ran 214mph on it's 2nd run and got John Noonan into the 200 club on saturday.  Sunday, John went thru at 211 when the head gasket blew when he went into 6th.  
By the way, for those of you who didn't already know, John Noonan is the new owner of the "Tiger"

Guy
300mph or Bust in 1 mile!!!

Tiger Racing

Offline joea

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 12:26:28 AM »
congrats.......thats pretty darn good guys........

props to you......for selling a "nitrous" bike to a
"piston" guy...........

and congrats John for going to a new venue.....
and trying a different way to make hp.....
and having success......in probably less than
ideal conditions..........

Joe :)

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 10:04:23 AM »
just got home. i'm beat.

fastgixx went the 223, then 217 and then 209 and puffed a head gasket.

noonan had a record... but I will let him tell the story about what transpired after the run. needless to say he got screwed in my opinion.

jason gennaro went 215. puffed too.

harryzx12 had a bracket bike with 5 passes of 169.___.

a friend made a shakedown pass on my bike and went 194. it was breaking up on top pretty bad, so we parked it. east coast vs west coast tune up?

I rode harry's 12 and completed all of my licensing runs. bonneville will be a bit easier now.

DaveO did fine. no big numbers to report.

brock davidson (hell of a nice guy) after many many tries got a 200ph pass out of his all motor 14.

Yancy went 233.

ghetto king I think went 215. new record for his naked class at 204.___

a girl from canada who was with her husband who has an RCC kit took a couple of passes. she rode the f*** out of that bike. clutch started slipping and went 178. someone stepped up, gave her a proven 200mph bike and she went 194 and then 204! first girl at maxton over 200 on a bike. second fastest woman in the world (obligatory clarification to keep everyone happy (on a sitdown bike)) now.

lee shierts went mid 190's on a nitrous gsxr 1k. puffed.

a guy pitted next to me went 180.000 on a naked vmax. it was a bad machine. new record for his class.

seldom seen slim went 31mph on a scooter. way to go jon! thanks for the tech advice too.

lots of new 200mph folks today.

they had 33 bikes in the streetbike shootout.

only 1 bike went down. a guy on a BMW had a slow low side making the turn in shutdown and put it in the grass. he got up, it fired and he rode back. no spectacular rustman impersonations this time.

ECTA are all good people. I really enjoyed my self and will try to go back again in the spring. congrats to everyone who made their numbers.

Offline JHerheim

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 09:33:50 AM »
Thanks to the ECTA and all it's members for the great hospitality,  and the volunteers to make an event work.  Especially the two guys at shutdown on Saturday that came out and helped push my bike off track before I nearly passed out pushing it myself.

Wow,  what an experience.  I got all my license passes done on one day in 3 runs just like your supposed to.  Went 207 on run #4 with 12 psi.  Went for run #5 on Sat late,  ripped through all 6 stages of boost,  approx 30 psi.   went 205 on 1 cylinder at the trap.   OOPS.  This is gonna be expensive.  But it was a great experience.  Hope to be back next year.

Jason Herheim

Offline naked

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 08:20:47 PM »
It was good to be back at maxton. Brian  thanks for the opprtunity to ride your bike. :D  :D  once that break up is fixed there is ALOT  of speed to be had. It felt REALLY good to drive a turbo bike again. Maxton was very brutal on alot of bikes and some cars. It was very crowed on Saturday but on Sunday there was time to get some good laps in. I think  everyone had a good time I know I did.

Todd B. :D

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 08:30:29 PM »
todd, good to see you and glad you had a spin on my scooter. I wont make it til spring. wife is on call that weekend in Oct. when I am back, it will be me going two bills the first time on it. you were close, but a clean tune up and some more boost... and she will fly.

BTW, call me too. your voicemail cut off before your left your number and it didnt come up on my caller ID. call my house 434-293-6682.