Author Topic: PARACHUTE 6 POINT STAR, DEIST, NO HISTORY, FOR SALE. Used, no history.  (Read 6231 times)

Offline J79

• J79 Exhaust from a F4 Phantom II
I saw a parachute at a swap meet. I may see the seller again on Friday and could call you then. Yellow parachute with the words DEIST in 12" blue letters across the back side. It's shaped like a 6 pointed star. It's used and probably a wall/movie prop type unit. I won't buy it unless there is a buyer. Sell it for $120 plus shipping. Contact me if interested.

I saw it again today May 17, 2016. Yellow parachute with the words DEIST in 12" blue letters across the back side. It's shaped like a 6 pointed star.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:21:59 PM by J79 »
"My, people come and go so quickly here." Dorothy, from the movie Wizard of Oz.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

From the movie Dr. Strangelove, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline Stan Back

Re: PARACHUTE DEIST FOR SALE. Used, no history.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 09:55:27 PM »
That looks like a Junior Dragster.  Can't figure an LSR use.  Maybe a motorcycle -- tie it to the rider or the bike?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline J79

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:25:25 PM »
I was using the photo as an example of what the shape of the parachute is. That is not the parachute for sale, just an example of the shape of it so a buyer knows a little of what they are buying.

"I have marveled often at the thin line that divides success from failure, and the sudden turn that leads from apparently certain disaster to comparative safety." Ernest Shackleton, Antarctic Explorer, 1874-1922.

"Mandrake, in the name of Her Majesty and the Continental Congress come here and feed me this belt boy... Mandrake, come over here, the Red Coats are coming!"

"He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious "automotive" bodily fluids."

Offline J79

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 12:45:48 AM »
Can't figure an LSR use.  Maybe a motorcycle -- tie it to the rider or the bike?
Put protective gear (helmet, gloves, hockey pads) on 8-20 year olds on a windy day and stand back and watch the excitement.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 01:59:29 AM »
Chutes are very specific to speed & weight of vehicle & LSR is different to drag racing. That should probably be considered a wall hanger.
  Sid.

Robin UK

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 03:01:40 AM »
There's a poster in our local pub that reads - For Sale, parachute, good condition, never opened, used once, small stain. Could be the same one.
Robin
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 03:03:40 AM by Robin UK »

Offline J79

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 12:34:39 AM »
I saw it again today May 17, 2016. Yellow parachute with the words DEIST in 12" blue letters across the back side. It's shaped like a 6 pointed star.

I have one photo of it but cannot figure out how to upload it to this site.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 12:40:48 AM »
Below the text enter box, to the left, click on "Additional Options...", then to the far right of "Attach:" click on "Browse..." in the box.  Browse your computer to the desired picture, click (double, perhaps) and then it's easy.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline J79

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 03:20:10 PM »
This is the actual photo of the parachute available. I would assume the unknown history turns it into a piece of wall art.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:27:50 PM by J79 »

Offline J79

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »
Thakyou for your help Mike. I was trying to use the "insert image" icon and that was not working.

Below the text enter box, to the left, click on "Additional Options...", then to the far right of "Attach:" click on "Browse..." in the box.  Browse your computer to the desired picture, click (double, perhaps) and then it's easy.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:29:43 PM by J79 »

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 03:24:51 PM »
Looks like a great chute for an old drag car restoration.   :-D
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline J79

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2016, 03:32:22 PM »

Do you have an idea of its age? 20-40 years old?

Do Land Speed Racing Cars use this type or was it a 1/4 mile drag racing type of parachute?

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 07:46:48 PM »

Do you have an idea of its age? 20-40 years old?

Do Land Speed Racing Cars use this type or was it a 1/4 mile drag racing type of parachute?

To answer both questions I have no idea.
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"