Author Topic: EL MIRAGE?? MAY??  (Read 22299 times)

Offline Frankie7799

Re: EL MIRAGE?? MAY??
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 07:26:23 PM »
Im leaving the valley of the sun Friday morning should be on the lakebed around 1-2. Ill wander around aimlessly looking at the cars in inspection amd in the pits. Looking forward to meeting more folks and enjoying my second time getting dirty  :-D

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 10:56:13 AM »
We haven't raced there in a few years, I hope the wind doesn't kill the meet.  Let's hope for a tail wind :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 11:03:44 AM »
I an hoping for less DIRUST   ---big grain dust
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline MRK

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
We haven't raced there in a few years, I hope the wind doesn't kill the meet.  Let's hope for a tail wind :-D
A tailwind is not in the forecast. Winds are forecasted to come up from the SE on Friday and the SW on Saturday ( 20mph )and Sunday ( 23mph ) according to the Weather Channel.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline FADED

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 11:11:33 AM »

BVILLE, This is a politically correct site and we try not to use the "R" word or the "W" word :?

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 04:46:16 PM »
We're going.  Heading out Friday morning.  Hope no one else shows up.  I mean that in a nice way.  Kinda tough getting in more than one run with 125+ entries and the "w" word in the forecast.  Maybe it's time to expand to multiple courses like Speed Week.  :-D
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »
See you there, Nathan! 
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2016, 05:41:06 PM »
What time does MC Tech close up shop on Friday?  (working back to what time I need to be on the road)
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2016, 06:53:28 PM »
What time does MC Tech close up shop on Friday?  (working back to what time I need to be on the road)

Used to be 4PM

Offline jl222

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2016, 12:54:57 PM »

I thought someone else would have chimed in by now, so I guess I will to the best of my memory :roll:

Fri on the way in we could see dust miles away, sure enough lake bed was real windy and dusty from all the cars arriving and towing down lake bed. Wind died down later and weather was nice, warm but not to hot. Could hardly see from all the dust leaving
lake bed.

Sat morning on way in looked dusty but was clear at start and 1st car ran about 7:20

Track looked good and 911 roadster went 251, Robinson roadster with fogy driving 251 also, Thundersalt 217, Fast Freddy had his
lakester back but had throttle problems at the start. The 222 Camaro [that's us] ran good at start with no traction problems but broke a exhaust rocker and coasted thru at 147.

Got there a little late Sun but no wind and not much dust, heard 911 went 255 on radio on way in. Thundersalt changed to a taller rear tire but still went 217, sounded real good going by, Talked to Mike Waters and they upped the record, Saw Mariani  E modified
roadster in impound.

Also heard 205 entries :-o

JL222

Offline dw230

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 01:04:35 PM »
John,

Did you use magic to talk to Mike Waters? Mike, RIP, passed a couple of years ago, maybe Greg was your contact?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline jl222

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 02:40:54 PM »
John,

Did you use magic to talk to Mike Waters? Mike, RIP, passed a couple of years ago, maybe Greg was your contact?

DW

Doesn't everyone? Yea Greg :roll: I was afraid I would screw up somewhere, that's why its not my favorite think to post about. 
 Must of been that Apple Moonshine we bought from that guy going down the line selling it from a little wagon pulled by an ATV.
  Buy the way what was in that paper bag you had in your hand at impound looks like the same type of bag our moonshine was in :-o

JL222

Offline dw230

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 03:26:25 PM »
I did know about the 'shine, would have made a purchase. I had gift wine for Joanie, ended up with two bottles and no butt chewing when I got home.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 05:22:40 PM »
jl222, was good to meet you and Troy Friday night in the 911 pits. Will you guys be at the meet next month?

Offline jl222

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 06:47:29 PM »
jl222, was good to meet you and Troy Friday night in the 911 pits. Will you guys be at the meet next month?

Good meeting you Frankie. We usually don't run El Mirage in June or July as it's to close to Bville if something breaks.

Also usually to hot and miserable and a long trip for one day meets.

Nov... 2 day meet will be next.

JL222 :cheers: