Author Topic: Last Call!!!  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Papi

Last Call!!!
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:59:49 PM »
BNI & SCTA Racers-
We are in the final hours of whether the SCTA California Mile is going to happen or not.

This last week, we have sent out messaging on social media, emails, the SCTA website and through club reps. Well it's now the 11th hour. We are still not even at 50% of the entries needed to run this event. This is the last wake up call you will get before SCTA President Bill Lattin makes the go/no go decision.

Again, we must have a minimum of 100  Entries, with 125 preferred.

All SCTA and BNI Members may run. If you are not a BNI Member, you may sign up on the links I'm giving below. If you need a pre-inspection or motor sealed, that can also be done before the event at a Chief Inspectors location.

If you think you can just show up the day of the event, you're wrong. No 100 minimum pre entries before 3/20, no event. If you're betting El NiƱo will go away and leave Elmo and the BSF epic, you're a big betting baller, cause the odds are against you.

Everyone complains about not racing because of this or that, and here we have a record setting event with an exceptionally low turn out so far. We can still change that. You have today, up till end of day Friday 3/19 to make this a reality or Mr. Lattin will cancel the event. Let's show Billy we are true racers and race. Otherwise, please don't belly ache when the season rolls around and an event is cancelled for whatever reason. Because I promise you, I will be all up in your sad story with I told you so till my head explodes.

Click now, reg, race. Easy as that.

http://www.scta-bni.org/2016-scta-mojave-standing-mile.html

Thank You! -Steve "Papi" Chappell
SCTA-BNI Motorcycle Inspector,
San Diego Roadster Club Information Officer
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline 836dstr

Re: Last Call!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 01:05:15 AM »
Steve,

So how much do you want to spend to buy a "record". As mentioned on another thread by "Stan Back" it would take quite an effort to convert a dirt/salt car to run right on pavement and then have to reconfigure it back to run ELMO a month later.

Forget trying to lay on the guilt trip.

I sold a Dry Lakes Roadster to a guy interested in running at Bonneville. He eventually sold it to a guy interested in running on a paved mile. The car is for sale again and I'm sure one of the reasons is the cost (and effort) to make it competitive at a different venue. Obviously a lot would depend on the type of car involved.

A simple question: how many cars vs. bikes are registered?

Tom

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 01:14:38 AM »
Steve I think the numbers are telling. Maybe interest is down due to timing. I think more scta racers might be interested in saving it until May for records and points that really count. Plus there are a lot of dedicated dry lakes vehicles that can't even run on an airstrip. None of the multiple cars I'm involved with can or are interested if they could. As in any business, you sell what has demand and doing otherwise is bad business. Maybe there will be more demand in August if (when?) speed week gets cancelled again this year. But this isn't something that can be forced on people. Let the numbers speak. If there isn't enough interest, DONT have the event. Doing otherwise is bad business imo.  Even if this event does happen, I won't be there because I'll be getting ready for the first real scta event which is in May.

See you on the dirt.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 12:04:43 PM »
I must applaud the SCTA Officials for looking at options and thinking outside the box!

Tom