Author Topic: SCTA California Mile LAST CHANCE- Must Reg by 3/20  (Read 8057 times)

Offline Papi

SCTA California Mile LAST CHANCE- Must Reg by 3/20
« on: March 13, 2016, 10:49:33 PM »
URGENT EVENT NOTICE -- Folks sorry to be a squeaky wheel, BUT, You have only 6 Days Left to Pre-Reg for the SCTA California Mile before 3/20 or it's not going to happen!

With as bad as our season was last year, we need all the events we can get. Unless we get 70 more Car, Lakester, Streamliner or Motorcycle entries before 3/20 which is in just a 6 days, this event will not be booked. We must have a minimum of 100 Total Entries, and right now we only have 30 booked.  Now, again, this is an Open Record Event in All Classes. That means you have a high chance of setting a record since there are none on the books.

All SCTA and BNI Members may run. If you are not a BNI Member, you may sign up on the links I'm giving below. If you need a pre-inspection or motor sealed, that can also be done before the event at a Chief Inspectors location. Let's do this folks, we may not have very many venues left in the west, and heres your chance to run in April at the first SCTA California Mile held at the Mojave Air and Space Port April 23/24.

Please, click on the link below to Register today before its to late. This Event will either be Approved or Cancelled based on Pre-Reg's. So do it today. http://www.scta-bni.org/2016-scta-mojave-standing-mile.html

Thank You! -Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI Motorcycle Inspector,
San Diego Roadster Club Information Officer
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: SCTA California Mile LAST CHANCE- Must Reg by 3/20
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 10:39:35 AM »
Steve, are you announcing anywhere besides here? 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 03:41:21 PM »
That's a joke, right?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 03:50:45 PM »
It is also on the SCTA FB page
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 11:19:01 PM »
Actually Stan, I was wondering if it was on any of the bike sites... I'm not in CA so I have no clue how it is being advertised locally.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:21:35 AM »
I don't think it is on SH.org
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Papi

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 12:03:47 AM »
Sorry Stainless, didn't see your post. I've announced on all the LSR related FB Groups, Landracing.com, It's also on the SDRC FB Page, the SCTA has announced it, Clubs were supposed to send out announcements to their memberships as well. Basically I've appealed to a total viewership in LSR related social media of about 10,000 active folks and 50,000 eyeballs. Can't do much more.

I think we have done all we can do, and now if we don't get 65 more entries by Saturday, it's a no go. So please, rally who needs to be rallied, I can only do so much.

BTW; I talked to Bill Lattin this AM, and he was pretty clear that we cannot lose money on this for the SCTA. Hence why we need 100 entries. At 100 it's gonna be barely a break even. We lost money last year, but a few of us ponied up a lot of extra money to help the SCTA break even. That wont happen again, we need participants.

And if you all are banking on a stellar season in the west (BSF/Elmo etc), if El Nino carries through as planned, we'll be lucky to get anything. So here's your chance, let's race. You have until Friday 3/19, and then Bill is making the decision.

--Papi
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:07:19 AM by Papi »
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline Papi

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »
Racers-

You have only 2 Days Left to Pre-Reg for the SCTA California Mile before 3/20 or it's not going to happen!

Unless we get 65 more Car, Lakester, Streamliner or Motorcycle entries before 3/20 which is in just in a couple days, this event will not be booked. We must have a minimum of 100 Total Entries, and right now we only have 36 booked. Now, again, this is an Open Record Event in All Classes. That means you have a high chance of setting a record since there are none on the books.

All SCTA and BNI Members may run. If you are not a BNI Member, you may sign up on the links I'm giving below. If you need a pre-inspection or motor sealed, that can also be done before the event at a Chief Inspectors location. Let's do this folks, we may not have very many venues left in the west, and heres your chance to run in April at the first SCTA California Mile held at the Mojave Air and Space Port April 23/24.
Please, click on the link below to Register today before its to late. This Event will either be Approved or Cancelled based on Pre-Reg's. So do it today.

http://www.scta-bni.org/2016-scta-mojave-standing-mile.html

Thank You! -Steve "Papi" Chappell
SCTA-BNI Motorcycle Inspector,
San Diego Roadster Club Information Officer
http://www.sdrc.net
Emailto: papi@sdrc.net
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 02:50:23 PM »
A comment from me - about mine of yesterday.  I guess I'll have to say I was swept up with boyish enthusiasm and trying to get your to haul Acura out to Mojave and race.  It'll be great fun, I said -- but yanno, I guess that my bike guy-ness has shown through.  To change from salt to pavement on a can might be just a tad more than gears and maybe a tire.  Unh, suspension and way more things that I didn't think about.

So yeah -- do your dangedest to go to Mojave to race and to help begin a racing history.  If it'd be unreasonable to change your car to run on pavement -- unh, I apologise for making it look like I was hasslin' you.

Well, I am, just not as hard, okay? :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 06:41:36 PM »
Jon, I run everything the same at all venues. All of my suspension is pretty much stock, lowered that is it. It seems to work pretty good. :-D Fastest NA bike on pavement, Third fastest anywhere! Same tires I run at Bonneville. So what you got should be good to go.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Papi

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 04:32:38 AM »
So what you got should be good to go.

Obey the Fred people. Come race!
San Diego Roadster Club