Author Topic: First 2016 Season Event - SCTA California Mile before El Mirage  (Read 4798 times)

Offline Papi

For those of you itching to get out to Elmo in May, I want to remind you that the SCTA California Mile at the Mojave Air and Space port has Registration Open Now for the April 23/24 event.

The SCTA has formed the California Mile after our successful SCTA Mojave Mile last year.
However, there is one big difference. The newly named SCTA California Mile is a Records Event.

It is open to any BNI or SCTA member in good standing. Currently the event has space for LSR Cars, Bikes and any approved SCTA/BNI Tagged LSR Vehicle. Again, this is a Record event.

Now here's the best part: This first SCTA California Mile is an Open Record Event. Every Class is Open for you to set a record in (one per day). So if you are ready to set a record at this new venue, then hurry up and register today. The link is at the front page of landracing.com and also here below. It's critical you get your Pre-Registration in before March 30th if this event is going to take place as we must have a minimum of 100 LSR Vehicles to put this on.

Please go to this below link and register today, and let's GO FAST and set some Records!
Click HERE: http://www.scta-bni.org/2016-scta-mojave-standing-mile.html

Pre-entry CLOSES ON MARCH 20, 2016. We must have enough vehicles entered to put on the event.

Thank you and we'll see you at the California Mile!

Steve "Papi" Chappell
SCTA Motorcycle Inspector
San Diego Roadster Club Information Officer
Bike #2230 - 1650 P/P
Bike #2235 - 1350 APS-BF
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 11:12:26 PM by Papi »
Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline Stan Back

Re: First 2016 Season Event - SCTA California Mile before El Mirage
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 07:12:18 PM »
With about 2000 classes available, this is a great chance to buy (oops -- I meant set) an official SCTA record.  I don't think you get a trophy though.  Check local listings for size and price.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 12:09:37 PM »
I am pre-entered.  Looking forward to running the mile again.

Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 12:35:25 PM »
Howdy from way up north -- where we are NOT getting ready to head to Mojave/Mohave.  I wish we were. . .

But -- girls and boys, it's pretty damned important that we all work towards a goal -- of helping keep SCTA up and running so it can help us keep racing.  One way to help SCTA -- is to bite the bullet (that might be keeping you from going to a paved one-mile event) and give it a try.

Registration ain't frree -- but dang it, you've got a zillion bucks tied up in that racer vehicle out there -- and really, maybe it'd be fun to feel just what it's like to floor it on real pavement. :-D :-D

I've offered to send the audio streaming equipment out to the event so we can all hear the fun.  If you're anywhere near being ready to race -- go ahead, make the commitment and get finishing and go frickin' RACING!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Papi

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:56:40 PM »
We now have 3 Days left to get enough Registrations or the Event will be cancelled.
Slim- If by a chance in hell the event continues, I'll be hapy to set up the streaming stuff for the Landracing crowd.

Folks, this is it, get your pre-reg in or this wont happen. We need 65 more entries of Cars, Lakesters, Streamliners or Bikes.
Let's do this, please!
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 03:07:47 PM »
. . . or wait a month for El Mirage -- where the SCTA was founded.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Papi

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 05:54:57 PM »
. . . or wait a month for El Mirage -- where the SCTA was founded.

Of course, if El Nino let's that happen.
Or get some time in at MASP and set some records. If that happens either.  :cry:
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 06:17:12 PM »
. . . and the mile may not happen either (weather or otherwise).

Many bikers don't realize the numerous and expensive changes that have to be made to a car that was built for El Mirage and/or Bonneville.

This can include four new wheels and tires, installing springs on an end that is not sprung, changing springs on the ones that are, installing brakes on the front, changing ring and pinion for the course, buying and installing drag racing type axles that many competitors don't need on the salt or dirt and more.

All for $400 and a show-up-and-get-one record.

No thanx.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 10:37:43 PM »
The tradition is important, but any more, I'm thinking the future of LSR is likely going to be paved records.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 11:16:37 PM »
Milwaukee, the real (and scary) future is going to be driverless vehicles, not paved LSR.
 :|

Us old timers are mostly about tradition. I bet more than half of the current crop of dry lakes racers would "hang it up" were El Mirage no longer available.
Muroc? That's a whole 'nother topic . . .

Willi
Who Has More Fun?

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 01:37:32 AM »
The tradition is important, but any more, I'm thinking the future of LSR is likely going to be paved records.

No offense Chris but I think you couldn't be more wrong. While there's certainly lots of history and tradition at bonneville and el mirage, that isn't why we run there. We run there because THATS WHERE WE RACE. LSR isn't what we do. It's DRY LAKES RACING man.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline desotoman

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 02:06:47 PM »
. . . and the mile may not happen either (weather or otherwise).

Many bikers don't realize the numerous and expensive changes that have to be made to a car that was built for El Mirage and/or Bonneville.

This can include four new wheels and tires, installing springs on an end that is not sprung, changing springs on the ones that are, installing brakes on the front, changing ring and pinion for the course, buying and installing drag racing type axles that many competitors don't need on the salt or dirt and more.

All for $400 and a show-up-and-get-one record.

No thanx.

A big Thank You to Bill Lattin and everyone else for trying to put this together.  :cheers:

But Stan has very valid points and only 70 entries showed up at Mojave for the Cancelled Bonneville meet. Wait another month and you have a two day meet at El Mirage and entry fee will be much less.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.