Author Topic: WOS Licensing?????  (Read 2183 times)

Offline desotoman

WOS Licensing?????
« on: September 19, 2006, 12:23:47 PM »
When I read the commentary report on this site for the World Of Speed meet that was just held, it brings up some questions in my mind. So I will start with what Jon said in his commentary.

Sept. 13, 2006 5:29 PM
"Charley Neuberry who bought the Ken Walkey liner made his initial pass at over 200 mph. Don't think he was sapposed to do that?"

Looking at the WOS results it appears that this was the first run made by Charley in car #122.
Quarter speed 169.774,  First Mile 180.915,  Middle Mile  201.937,           Last Mile 202.928,   Exit speed 191.513

I say to myself anyone can have brain fade and make a mistake, so lets see what he does on his next pass.

Next pass, Quarter speed 183.516, First Mile 196.807,  
Middle Mile  216.563,  Last Mile 214.236,  Exit speed 210.827

All of the incremental speeds are faster on the second pass.

My question is: Why was this person allowed to do this?
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

dwarner

WOS Licensing?????
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 12:47:04 PM »
The USFRA made him go back and run a 150 pass according to Ken Walkey. Seems like a moot point by then though.

Another problem was he had trouble with the bail out drill. Ken assured me that he, Ken, would work with the driver to shorten the exit time.

DW

Offline desotoman

WOS Licensing?????
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 11:27:51 AM »
Dan, thank for the answer. IMO rookies can never get too much seat time at low speeds, especially when driving a car capable of over 300 mph. It gives them time to familarize themselves with the vehicle (under power)so that when the unexpected happens they will know how to react.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.