Author Topic: you tube video (salty studebakers)  (Read 4251 times)

Offline GH

you tube video (salty studebakers)
« on: February 27, 2016, 09:55:34 AM »
Hooly found this video, got some good video on some of the many Studes at the BSF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkEV516QPGE
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 10:14:36 AM by Stainless1 »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: you tube video (salty studebakers)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 10:27:29 AM »
Hey One Run, is that you at 2:08? can't read the number but the motor sure sounds good...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 01:34:07 PM »
  Yep.  My car has a unique sound due to the exhaust running out the back of the car (5x3 oval tubing).  That was my only pass that year... spent the rest of the meet trying to find and install a new motor in my tow vehicle.  If you google youtube and punch in speed week 2011 their is a short clip of Me being pushed off by a ATV and We had to put a Face Mask on the driver because the exhaust hit him right in the face!  Although You cannot see it, You can hear Me get loose, straighten it out, throw it sideways again, straighten it out and finally short shift the Lenco and went 229+............... just another day in the office!
  That pass was on straight Alky but when I come back it will be on 25% nitro right off the trailer and I plan on upping it 5% every run until I hear  (hopefully from Glen) "take it to impound"!
  To quote Dallas Volk, "records or parts, We didn't come all this way to not break something".  I plan to put that on my tombstone...............
                                                                                                           One Run, out..............................................
Bob Drury

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 05:55:04 PM »
So that was your One Run Bob... did the race motor live that year? Sure sounded good  :-D
Stainless

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 06:43:20 PM »
  I didn't earn my moniker by only making one "Full" pass a year once....... :-P
  We had a hell of a time with the oiling system on the Early Olds-even with a 5 stage dry sump (culprit was a cross drilled crank).  We never could figure it out until I read a article by David Reyher (spl?) of Reyher Morrison engines that starts out by saying "Never Run a Cross Drilled Crank because at sustained high RPM the oil will pinwheel out of the main journal and won't feed the rod journals".  We thought the mains were taking out the rods (well in a way they were) but it turns out the rods were going first.. so I bought some 3/8 brass rod and drove a one inch piece into the center of each main journal and Wala!  Only took five trips to Speedweek  to look at a clean Oberg oil filter........... :-P  That was the year we got rained out on either Monday or Tuesday so I only got one run that year too...  :-P :-P
  The plan is to hit 251 with the BBC and then put the Olds back in it and let My crew experience a 200 mph pass but first I gotta find a rich Widow to Marry... :-P :-P :-P :-P
                                                                                                         ol: ORB, out...................................
Bob Drury

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 08:38:49 PM »
Bob, don't go so far as to get a marriage license.  Stick with a learner's permit for a good while -- at least 'til she's had her trusts and wills altered in your favor.  Then it's okay for the rings and stuff and maybe even the consummation of the nuptials.  The important stuff will have been completed by then.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 08:28:54 PM »
  I would much rather she travel ALL the time and  We correspond by mail..................ORB
Bob Drury

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 10:44:01 PM »
Hey ORB a piece of advice from someone that has been to your house... always go to her place  :-D
Oh and don't start the first date off asking for car parts for your birthday  :roll:
Stainless

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 11:13:22 PM »
Hey ORB a piece of advice from someone that has been to your house... always go to her place  :-D

You don't think she'd like the dog?   :dhorse:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 11:27:36 PM »
No I think Sarah would be a great chick magnet at the dog park.... then Bob would have to blindfold them to get past the livingroom.... Been my experience that only a select few want to be blindfolded unless you have a gun on them  :roll:
 :cheers:

It sure was nice visiting up there  :cheers:
Stainless