Author Topic: World of Speed Museum - Wilsonville, OR  (Read 13013 times)

gkabbt

World of Speed Museum - Wilsonville, OR
« on: February 24, 2016, 08:55:39 PM »
Like my travels back in December, another day.....another museum!  :-D

This time it was the World of Speed Museum in Wilsonville, OR. It is a really nice museum and has many types of race vehicles: Drag, Land Speed, Indy, NASCAR, different types of bikes.....Something for everyone.
What was REALLY COOL for me is that Bob Drury and Mike Kelly came down from Portland. As we walked from car to car either Bob or Mike had some REALLY good stories about the particular car they recognized since many of the cars are from this area.
LSR was well represented as you will see in the pics.

Enough babble.....here is my Google Photos link:

https://goo.gl/photos/tNAEh3YFA8m8b8td9

Like yesterday, if you are in the area I highly recommend this place.
Here is the like to their website:
http://www.worldofspeed.org/

As with all my pics, I hope you enjoy.

Gregg
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:12:28 PM by gkabbt »

gkabbt

Re: World of Speed Museum - Wilsonville, OR
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:07:13 PM »

The NEW 3 AMIGOS:

Me, Mike and Bob

One of the docents took the picture with all of our cameras and not one of them broke!  :-D

Gregg

Offline Indy

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 09:17:28 PM »
You guys are too funny, hope to meet with you all this August....maybe???
Rick

Too Much Is Just Enough

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 09:57:18 PM »
Thanks Gregg. I love your photos. You get around a lot and for someone like myself that can't visit all the great places
it's a virtual tour money can't buy.
You rock brother. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
BTW, I came up against a Chevron B29 in F2 and it wasn't very good. I guess you'd call it an acquired taste. :-D :-D :-D
Greetings to Mike and Bob.  :cheers:

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 10:11:30 PM »
  So there I was on Wednesday evening past and the d*mn phone rang.  On the other end was some cracker a*s with a "southern" drawl who said He was somebody named Grabbit or something like that and That He had two days to kill and He thought He should spend them with Me..................
  Number 1, I hate evening phone calls and Number two I ain't exactly amused by craker a*sed folks from the wrong side of the Mason/Dixon Line.
  As I needed a full two days to "dust" every thing in the House and Shop "of which the door between the two has never been closed in the twenty five years that I have lived here, I told Him that I neither had time for or wanted to see Him before Saturday which to Him meant noon Friday, the stupid Cracker a*s.
  Well here we are on the following Wednesday and the masses showed up Saturday Morning.  The House/Shop WAS NOT DUST FREE,  however I did make Him vacuum the shop carpet next to the Race Car and buy the Beer for the likes of Stainless and John Boy and Four Barrel.  ... and I invited Ol' Cracker A*s to go home, get a divorce, sell all His Sh*t and move His a*s to Vancouver, Waa and sleep in the shop.
  What a pleasure it has been to visit, entertain (???), and listen (???) to all His observations and tales of woe.  And best of all, He paid for My dinner and said He is coming back if the North Korean's haven't nuked Us by then.
  He is in fact, similar to the farmer who was "outstanding in his field".  I did however forget to ask him exactly what His "field" was.
                                                                                                          Ol' One Run Bob, out......................................................... :mrgreen:
Bob Drury

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 10:34:07 PM »
Imagine listening to a steady stream of that ^^^ from Portland to Wendover & back.  

Mike

Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

gkabbt

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 10:46:47 PM »

Bob.....Hugs and kisses from me as well.....I think  :mrgreen:

Mike.....WAY TOO FUNNY   :-D   :-D   :-D

Gregg 

Offline 4-barrel Mike

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 12:32:06 AM »
...He was somebody named Grabbit or something like that...

This ^^^  :-D

It's been a pleasure, Gregg.  Let's get together again elsewhere.

Oh!  Thanks for lunch.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

gkabbt

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 05:10:52 AM »

Mike, It was a pleasure for me as well and sounds like a plan on meeting up elsewhere!
I'll be in touch.

Gregg
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:12:38 AM by gkabbt »

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 11:16:42 AM »
Thanx 4 the photos...
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Polyhead

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 11:52:17 PM »
So me and Rattle Can made it to the World Of Speed Museum finally.  Arrived saturday morning.  I had no idea cars and coffee was going on, just rolled in and got ushered in to a parking spot right in front of the building. :D  I felt a bit undressed, the car was dirty from doing two and from work duties the past couple of weeks, several of those days in the rain, and I was rather dishevelled and under caffinated.  People actually took photos of the thing and wanted to know about the rusty hulk.  ? 

What a display inside!  I wasn't expecting it to be THAT nice.  I wasn't expecting THAT many ground breaking cars and motorcycles to be there.  Jim Eplers fire damaged 300mph funny car for example.  Boats... even boats! Gotta go back.
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL

Offline 4-barrel Mike

Offline Texican

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 11:14:39 PM »
   Thanks for the pix...
We will try and get up that way to check this great display.

Jim

Offline salt27

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 12:38:42 AM »
Oh my, those are some beautiful cars.

There's even a beaver on one of them.  

Probably head up tomorrow.

Thanks, Don