Author Topic: Save the salt meeting.  (Read 11627 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Save the salt meeting.
« on: February 20, 2016, 12:09:24 PM »
Yesterday there was a large meeting in Salt Lake on what is going to happen with the salt repairs etc. Go to WWW.SLTRIB.COM
I listened to it on the internet and you can down load the article at the website. It's worth reading.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Save the salt meeting.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
I couldn't find it Glen, can you post a link?
  Sid.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 03:30:53 PM »
It's on face book. the web site is above is the article in the paper.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Elmo Rodge

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 02:10:18 PM »
http://www.sltrib.com/news/3557738-155/utah-lawmakers-urge-blm-to-restore?fullpage=1

It would do everyone good to read the article but more importantly you should click on the "Click here to read all comments" to see what we are actually up against. Not a lot of support from the people who live there and bother to comment on an article....
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Online manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 02:39:38 PM »
As usual for a public forum, most of the comments are posted by total bozos. I don't think many of them even read the article.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 04:05:25 PM »
Hey!  --  Wait a minute!

This is (sorta) a public forum!

Who you calling Bozo?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Online manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »
Naw, Stan-- this forum is the exception that proves the rule.  :-D

Online jimmy six

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 11:47:52 AM »
Manta... Since is no Stan Back or jimmy six for that matter perhaps there are a few "clowns" here.. :-o
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Online manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 11:59:05 AM »
I don't see any big yellow shoes on anybody here.  :-D

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 01:08:37 PM »
You might find a few big red noses :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 08:28:10 PM »
As usual for a public forum, most of the comments are posted by total bozos. I don't think many of them even read the article.

Whilst I agree that this is often the case, these particular "bozos" seem, for the most part, to be locals who are not happy that their voices aren't being heard with regard to already existing local issues. These are voters who haven't been able to persuade their elected officials to do much about things that concern them the most. I hope that they don't become part of the opposition should those officials favor our cause over theirs.

Not saying I agree with them, I'm just saying...
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

velocity

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 01:22:03 AM »
THESE PEOPLE WILL VOTE THE RESOLUTION TO SAVE THE SALT ON THURSDAY MORNING (2/25). IF YOU WANT TO HELP SENT THEM YOUR THOUGHTS WITHOUT DELAY.

sjenkins@le.utah.gov
pknudson@le.utah.gov
achristensen@le.utah.gov
mdayton@le.utah.gov
jiwamoto@le.utah.gov
bshiozawa@le.utah.gov
evickers@le.utah.gov

Dear Members of the Utah Senate Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee:

When Rep. Steve Handy for introduced House Concurrent Resolution 8 which urges the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to restore the Bonneville Salt Flats, he was not just doing the “right thing” ecologically, but culturally as well. HCR 8 has far-reaching impact on thousands of Americans who, up to now, have felt somewhat abandoned by their leaders. We are grateful to Senator Knudson for sponsoring the resolution in the Utah Senate and I urge its adoption by the Committee.

As an automotive journalist and author for 30 years, I have covered every form of mechanized sports on the planet, but have found no greater expression of the American “Can Do” Spirit than among those who bring their dreams alive with every pass across this suffering sparkling saline speedway. If you have not been, I assure you a visit will expose you to the animated rejuvenation of old made young, the young eagerly engaged and families enriched and remade anew. The magic kingdom is not in Anaheim, or Orlando, it comes to life with every time trial hosted, where “nobodys” earn world recognition as “somebodys” by doing something not done before.

HCR 8 is a magnificent contribution to not only restore a national geologic treasure in your own backyard, but show the thousands of land speed racers that they are not the only ones who care — and they do not fight alone for its restoration.  Heartfelt thanks for your consideration.

Speedy Sincere Regards,

“LandSpeed” Louise Ann Noeth

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 04:11:36 PM »
Has anyone heard if the vote passed???
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.