Author Topic: SEMA support for Bonneville  (Read 16051 times)

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
Re: SEMA support for Bonneville
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 06:26:00 PM »
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :cheers:
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 07:41:56 PM »
Ya'll know Timing is Everything!
GET OUT and PUSH!

http://semasan.com/page.asp?content=aa2016UT3&g=SEMAGA

Tip 'o the hat to the Utah Alliance,
Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

velocity

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 01:23:37 AM »
THESE PEOPLE WILL VOTE THE RESOLUTION TO SAVE THE SALT ON THURSDAY MORNING (2/25). IF YOU WANT TO HELP SENT THEM YOUR THOUGHTS WITHOUT DELAY.

sjenkins@le.utah.gov
pknudson@le.utah.gov
achristensen@le.utah.gov
mdayton@le.utah.gov
jiwamoto@le.utah.gov
bshiozawa@le.utah.gov
evickers@le.utah.gov

Dear Members of the Utah Senate Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment Committee:

When Rep. Steve Handy for introduced House Concurrent Resolution 8 which urges the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to restore the Bonneville Salt Flats, he was not just doing the “right thing” ecologically, but culturally as well. HCR 8 has far-reaching impact on thousands of Americans who, up to now, have felt somewhat abandoned by their leaders. We are grateful to Senator Knudson for sponsoring the resolution in the Utah Senate and I urge its adoption by the Committee.

As an automotive journalist and author for 30 years, I have covered every form of mechanized sports on the planet, but have found no greater expression of the American “Can Do” Spirit than among those who bring their dreams alive with every pass across this suffering sparkling saline speedway. If you have not been, I assure you a visit will expose you to the animated rejuvenation of old made young, the young eagerly engaged and families enriched and remade anew. The magic kingdom is not in Anaheim, or Orlando, it comes to life with every time trial hosted, where “nobodys” earn world recognition as “somebodys” by doing something not done before.

HCR 8 is a magnificent contribution to not only restore a national geologic treasure in your own backyard, but show the thousands of land speed racers that they are not the only ones who care — and they do not fight alone for its restoration.  Heartfelt thanks for your consideration.

Speedy Sincere Regards,

“LandSpeed” Louise Ann Noeth

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 06:50:19 PM »
PLEASE!
 Don't wait. Don't think someone else will take care of it.
That is how this mess got to the shape it's in.

You are racers and tuners.
The tools are in front of you.
GET TO WORK!

Sam

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2016, 07:23:57 PM »
Here are 6 more getting a pat on the back;

sjenkins@le.utah.gov
pknudson@le.utah.gov
achristensen@le.utah.gov
mdayton@le.utah.gov
jiwamoto@le.utah.gov
bshiozawa@le.utah.gov

And the USFRA, UA/STS, SEMA of course!

Sam

velocity

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »
This was reported to the entire SEMA membership worldwide this past week:

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2016/08/utah-legislature-advances-resolution-urging-the-restoration-of-the-bonneville?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=email&utm_content=50800723&utm_campaign=eNews

ALERT: Following the Utah House vote in support of HCR 8, the Utah Senate Committee of Natural Resources unanimously vote "aye" for the HCR 8, sending to the Senate floor for a vote early next week.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 01:29:41 PM »
  I applaud the Governor and Legislature of Utah along with those who gave Testimony in support of this bill and those who have donated time and $ to the cause.
  One thing I thought should have been added in the testimony or any future Testimony is what great stewards We have been on the Salt.
  A few years back Lionel Pitts and I were the last people to leave Speedweek due to a small issue (replacing the motor in my tow vehicle).  After Mike Cook stopped by and handed us the "keys" to the joint, Lionel and I looked around from our still set up pit space and their was NO VISIBLE SIGNS that any one had been there the day before except for one shipping container which I assume held supplies for Mikes Meet a few weeks later or the USFRA World of Speed.
  The sh*tters were gone.  The dumpsters were gone.  The Cones, Flags, Debris... all gone.  Mike had just fininshed driving over the whole  area to make sure it was pristine.  All He found were two tired, burnt out racers who were looking for a hand grenade to fix our problem.
  It was absolutely stunning to be out there with nothing but the salt.  I of course never thought to take a picture...........   :-P
                                                                                                         ORB     :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:                     
Bob Drury

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 01:44:11 PM »
I sent an email to all the involved Utah reps yesterday urging them to support the bill, I got answers from 3 indicating they were happy to do so, then this morning, upon seeing Louise's post about the bill passing , I sent individual 'thank-you' emails to each rep. I just got 3 return answers all of which indicated basically it was an honor for them and they would most certainly continue this effort. Maybe ,just maybe, we may get a all-around workable solution finally. I for one will continue to do all possible and thanks to all who have been doing that long before I was 'hooked' by our beloved flats!! Salt Flats forever!!!   :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 07:49:01 AM »
Full Senate vote:

Yeas - 22
Bramble, C.   Christensen, A.   Dabakis, J.   Davis, G.   Dayton, M.
Fillmore, L.   Harper, W.   Henderson, D.   Hillyard, L.   Hinkins, D.
Jackson, A.   Jenkins, S.   Knudson, P.   Mayne, K.   Millner, A.
Okerlund, R.   Shiozawa, B.   Stephenson, H.   Stevenson, J.   Van Tassell, K.
Vickers, E.   Weiler, T.

Nays- 0

More Thank-you notes to send,

Sam

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 12:29:54 AM »
We Racers have lots of work to do!

I serve on the Phoenix Citizens Transportation Committee which is headed by retired Congressman Ed Pastor.  I have asked him to be my coach as we have 3 members on the Energy and Mineral Resources Sub Committee which will be very KEY in our efforts as we go forward.He has agreed and should be able to introduce me to Hon. Ron Grijalva AZ CD 3 the ranking Member of the Natural Resources Committe

This most likely will be at least a 10 year battle as we seek funding from every budget to pay for the movement of salt to restore and preserve.

Sema and SEMASAN.com will play a big part..but we need to learn how to help and what to do!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline BoredAndStroked

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »
Thanks to ALL who have been a part of this thread and for your support of STS- without it, Bonneville racing will only be in the history books and not a part of our future.

THANK YOU!

Dale
Member of FlatCad Racing Team - 2011, 2012
Goal:  Have fun, make friends, be safe - learn as much as possible, contribute when I can and hopefully get in the books!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 06:53:32 PM »
I'm not sure that this is the best place to post this, but what the heck -- it's important.  I just got it via Ron Main.

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/breaking-news-epa-withdraws-racecar-regulation-from-proposal/

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com