Author Topic: Mike Parti builder/racer gone  (Read 4875 times)

Offline bak189

Mike Parti builder/racer gone
« on: February 14, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »
After a short hospital stay we have lost another great Builder/Racer. Mike raced sidecars in all types of venues....desert races, dirt track, road racing and landspeed racing. He was inducted into the AMA Hall of Fame some years ago. Mike was a outstanding engine builder and did a lot of work for Jay Leno on his motorcycle collection. He knew how to make Vincents and Triumph cycles go fast and set several records on the salt in the late 1970's and early 1980's with his sidecar outfit (with passenger) called "Little Poison" and was a great help to me in writing the SCTA rules for sidecars.  The sport will certainly miss him ........God Speed Mike...........................................
Question authority.....always

Offline Vinsky

Re: Mike Parti builder/racer gone
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 12:47:07 AM »
Mike (Penguin) will be missed for sure. I learned a lot from him about Vincents.
John

Offline desotoman

Re: Mike Parti builder/racer gone
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 04:56:39 PM »
Sorry to hear of Mikes passing. He was a good guy and helped me out a few times. I always liked his business card which said at the bottom "Sun Valley Cannon, Gas Motorcycle, and Storm Door Factory" and  "Member Sun Valley Shop Dwellers Ass'n"

Godspeed Mike, you will be missed.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.