Author Topic: Grand National Roadster Show  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
Grand National Roadster Show
« on: February 08, 2016, 12:46:30 AM »
The show was last weekend and I thought there might have been a posting about it.  The SCTA / SEMA had a building full of LSR machines and it was nice to be able to get a close up without fear of getting in way.  One of the highlights was I got to meet SSS and Nancy.  It was nice, after all these years on here, to put a face to a name.  As its a quiet time in the LSR world right now here are a few photos for those who couldn't make it.

Sam Wheeler's 'liner.

Hedrich's 'liner

Tom Foley's 1955 Panhead sidecar.

Don't have any details on these but they were all gorgeous.

And my sidecar with Tom Evan's Harley and Ralph Hudson's rocket ship.

Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline ronnieroadster

Re: Grand National Roadster Show
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 03:49:04 PM »
   I attended the event and had the pleasure of seeing that great collection of LSR cars and bikes. The SCTA had three tables set up in the building for information and to promote and sell the two book collection  Bonneville National Speed Trials. I purchased the books which were to heavy to carry back on the air plane the added deal of shipping them home made it perfect. The two books arrived Saturday definitely a great set of books.
 It was a pleasure saying hi to Nancy and Slim and get the chance to give a little contribution to help with the expense involved maintaining this forum.  Meeting Russ Eyers and his son was also an added surprise having talked to Russ many times on the phone asking numerous questions and looking for guidance about roadster body rules it was nice to finally thank him in person. Also enjoyed Russ's explaining the situation on the flats.m   :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:51:22 PM by ronnieroadster »
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"