Landracing Forum Home
February 20, 2019, 09:25:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed Demon Wind Tunnel Test  (Read 16592 times)
racergeo

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2019, 09:33:16 PM »

Oh, Rex, I'm not one to correct anyone on this site. BUT Yacoucci is running GAS. Are you kidding me. 409 exit on gas? E class. What will they think of next. I doubt if Jack thought one of his cars would ever go 400. I listened to an interview Rick gave at SEMA and I think he has the bug to run some big numbers. evil evil
wobblywalrus

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2019, 11:22:57 PM »

Cars are not my expertise so do not take these comments too seriously.  It seems a flat bottomed vehicle designed to be stable with limited bottom to ground clearance might work well in those conditions.  Going over a bump on the salt at speed, where the front of the car rises and takes a big gulp of air under the vehicle, might lead to unanticipated stability issues.
RichFox

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2019, 09:55:07 AM »

I have a trophy from 2000 when we ran my Nissan engine in the 788 car. We set records at Muroc and El Mirage in 99. The car had been running for several years by then. And it was preceded by the very similar NT2 car that Rick drove to 368 I think. Later Jim and Mary True would set several records in that car. Jack had been well over 300 in NT3 with Al Liest's 300 inch SBC years before he ran my Nissan. All together they may have 1000 runs on NT2 and 3. Anyone who thinks they don't work or will crash must not be paying attention.
racergeo

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2019, 05:51:00 PM »

I was just going to mention Jacks trademark 10" wide ten ft. long nose. Not much change of catching air on the famous salt "jumps". I think you (Rich) have summed up the numbers nicely grin Rick also has more seat time then nearly anyone currently racing. I doubt  he would think there was more speed in the design if he was noticing high speed instability. Worst case, LEAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: