Author Topic: A New Governing Body with new rules - WLSRA  (Read 17766 times)

Offline dw230

Re: A New Governing Body with new rules - WLSRA
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2016, 01:34:12 PM »
I was present at the meeting of FIA officials on the salt when the idea of a set of FIA specific safety rules for LSR was proposed. I worked with the FIA for a few months in an attempt to incorporate SCTA safety rules for their use. Eventually, a current salt racer and engineer with credentials far exceeding mine was chosen to draft safety rules. The new rules are a result of this effort.

I missed a chance at a trip to Paris for meetings I guess.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline tortoise

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2016, 06:15:17 PM »
And another thing . . .

If they're the effing WORLD Land Speed Racing Association, why are they using the flying start mile? The WORLD uses the metric system.

Offline dw230

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2016, 09:29:36 PM »
FIA/FIM recognize both the mile and kilo as record qualified distances. I thought this was well known on this board.

Don't flame me, I am under medication and wine and feeling a bit buzzy after working all day.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2016, 09:09:01 AM »
From out here your "blend" doesn't seem to be doing you any harm Dan! :-D
  Sid.

Offline tortoise

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2016, 11:34:19 AM »
FIA/FIM recognize both the mile and kilo as record qualified distances. I thought this was well known on this board.

Don't flame me, I am under medication and wine and feeling a bit buzzy after working all day.

DW
The WLSRA rules refer ONLY to the mile. I should have been more clear.

My particular interest in kilo world records is that two way kilo record runs, at least for the smaller displacement classes, would be practical at airport tracks.  The 12,500 ft. runway at Mojave would allow about a 7/8 mile runup and stopping distance for a kilo trap. 

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2016, 12:42:33 PM »
Loring is 12,500 also.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline tortoise

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2016, 02:42:43 PM »
The vehicle setup and gearing for the 2 way flying start kilo is the same as that for the 1.5 mile as currently run at these tracks. Adding start lights to time a one way kilo would be very cheap, and seeing timeslips showing that your car or bike was world record capable might build interest in a world record meet.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:27:10 PM by tortoise »

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »
My particular interest in kilo world records is that two way kilo record runs, at least for the smaller displacement classes, would be practical at airport tracks.  The 12,500 ft. runway at Mojave would allow about a 7/8 mile runup and stopping distance for a kilo trap. 

Are you seeking World record interest from Bikes or Cars?

We would love to have such length of runways in the UK but even at 12,500 ft these two tracks unfortunately do not meet FIM requirements. Once over 750cc class capacities for cars the World records are 220/240 mph average speeds under FIA.  [The 250cc is about 122 mph set on a UK runway by a Kart]. Most of the kilo records were set on BSF.

Once the FIA has got their new capacity divisions sorted in their record lists there may be some opportunities above 3000cc. 
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.