Author Topic: Where will you be August 13th?  (Read 53745 times)

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
Re: Where will you be August 13th?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 10:01:53 PM »
Scaaty racing is in. Time to get this Studebaker salty. Hope-prayers -luck-mother nature Bonneville 2016 please.
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC
It's all fun  ECTA 2 Club Member  SAVE THE SALT

Offline QikNip

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »
Lumpy,
          Just a word of caution.

The big tents generally do not fair well if a storm comes through at the Bend.

We use smaller mountaineering type tents and so far they have survived.

When the storm rolled through during Salt Talks at the 2011 Speedweek a look around in the morning confirmed this.

Don

Don:
I have a 32' class A RV. Is the surface at the Bend solid enough to safely park it there without fear of getting mired?
Rick
138.0 G/CPRO 4/18 Arkansas Mile Challenge Record
145.632 G/CPRO 8/17 Bonneville Record
149.825 G/CPRO 8/18 Bonneville Record
142.443 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.0 Mile Record
156.343 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.5 Mile Record

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 03:04:15 PM »
Varies from day(part) to day(part).  Rain?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »
We had a 31' RV in 2013.  We had zero problems getting in and out of The Bend.  There was plenty of room for more campers as well.  In the morning, you simply can not beat the view!!!

I paid the man for my share of our Speed Week trip yesterday, so I am in and oh so ready.  Team SPEEDaSALT will be proudly flying the Iowa flag in impound!!!   :-D
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 10:29:09 AM »
Team SPEEDaSALT will be proudly flying the Iowa flag in impound!!!   :-D

"Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain"  :cheers:

I'm stuck across the river in August, but I hope to at least get away to Oshkosh for a few hours on Saturday -

http://www.symcoshakedown.com/

Shooting for WOS as an observer.  I noticed Black Sabbath's tour has a stop in Salt Lake City which coincides with the WOS event.

The Midget won't be ready, but if the event doesn't happen, Ozzie's a good backup plan.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2016, 11:03:07 AM »
There's an idea.  Chris, need a passenger on the trip to and from SLC to hear the dulcet harmonies of Ozzie?  I've never been to one of his shows.  It might be entertaining.  Nancy doesn't get time off for WoS so it'd just be me.  I guess the two of us, totaling something like 10 feet 32 inches tall, should be able to fold ourselves into the Midget if you do decide to take it out to the salt.

Otherwise how 'bout if find some kindred souls for the concert and take a bunch of 'em, each paying some $$ for fuel, and we'll stack 'em like cordwood in the back of my pickup and make some money on the trip, too.

Sounds like a plan to me.  You in? :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2016, 11:03:57 PM »
We are leaving space in our schedule for Speedweek. Our worst nightmare will be another Speedweek rainout and good weather for WOS and the Cook Shootout as we have scheduling conflicts with the IMTS trade show in Chicago which spans both events. Could not ask for worst timing. We had to commit to IMTS 23 months before the event. This was of course well before schedule was made up.
Having the car at the tradeshow is absolutely huge for us and Carbinite does pay for everything so we got to be there.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline DKrause615

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016, 08:41:43 AM »
JUST GOT AROUND TO SENDING IN MEMBERSHIP AND SPEED WEEK APPLICATIONS.  A GOOD FEELING!!!   THIS IS SUCH A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF THIS GREAT VENUE.

PRAY FOR A HOT DRY SUMMER ON THE FLATS.   :-)

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 08:59:43 PM »
  Speed Week now has rain dates just in case. Thats going to be pretty difficult I bet for many of the racers to plan on just in case!  :roll:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 10:13:07 PM »
We are shooting for SW to lisc. UP for my oldest son.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 09:20:25 AM »
My entry is in for SW.

After the way the "hotels" "Treated" their customers last year, I'm holding up on making reservations till things are more certain.

From what I'm seeing, their new cancellation "fee's" will be higher than the SW entry. Go figure.

Bring on the salt.

Rouse   
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 09:34:31 AM »
    I'll be celebrating my birthday either on the Salt or in Carman's Black and White.
       Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 05:41:22 PM »
I bit the bullet as a spectator and booked my room, will be there Monday and Tuesday as I will have just finished a race weekend at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele. Obviously I don't have much of an investment to lose if it all goes sideways but I'm hoping, like the rest of you, that it all falls into place.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 03:26:03 AM »
I hope to be out standing on the salt?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17:46 AM »
There are 10 days left to send in your entry -- it needs to be postmarked by May 1 to get the pre-entry discount.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records