Author Topic: Where will you be August 13th?  (Read 53860 times)

Offline vintageracecar

Re: Where will you be August 13th?
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2016, 02:55:29 PM »
Just got good news for our racers.
Bill Lattin was able to negotiate a modified cancellation policy for everybody who has room reservations at the Wendover Nugget during SW.
Original policy was set for June 1st. New policy is as follows (per Nugget Management):

"This is what we will do for Speedweek. They will have till July 1st to cancel, if they cancel after July 1st they will be charged one night stay."

Bill is also in contact with other hotels and we will announce their policies as soon as we know more.

That should take a little pressure of all of us, to spend another month and evaluate the BSF conditions. Not saying we will have a final answer
by then, but hopefully we will know more.

Mike

Offline hoss

• New folks
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2016, 01:29:07 AM »
That is great news, thank you.

Offline Bookfla

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
Thanks for the information.

Offline jl222

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2016, 02:04:10 PM »
Just got good news for our racers.
Bill Lattin was able to negotiate a modified cancellation policy for everybody who has room reservations at the Wendover Nugget during SW.
Original policy was set for June 1st. New policy is as follows (per Nugget Management):

"This is what we will do for Speedweek. They will have till July 1st to cancel, if they cancel after July 1st they will be charged one night stay."

Bill is also in contact with other hotels and we will announce their policies as soon as we know more.

That should take a little pressure of all of us, to spend another month and evaluate the BSF conditions. Not saying we will have a final answer
by then, but hopefully we will know more.

Mike

After reading Latin's post with the BLM I'm confused if he was even allowed on the salt to check conditions?

Do you have to have permission from the BLM just to go on the salt?

After the closing the salt topic was closed, I hope this is where we can find out what's happening.

JL222

Offline vintageracecar

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2016, 03:11:31 PM »
John,

The negotiations with the hotels happened earlier this week. We were trying to extend cancellation terms to July 1st.
Bill was going to go up later this week and inspect, start grooming and dragging the courses.
I believe anybody is ok to go out on the BSF, but not bring equipment etc. at this point. 
Until BLM gives their ok to do so.
Be insured Bill, the board, USFRA, STS and UATSTS are all working on making it happen as soon as possible.
That's all for now.

Mike

Offline salt27

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2016, 04:35:47 PM »
Gus and I have made our reservations at the Bend, you can't beat the cancelation policy there.   :cheers:

Don

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »
Who manages the Bend?  Not who I hope does.

Any way, here's hoping not "Mud in Your Eye".
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2016, 06:00:30 PM »
From SCTA's Facebook page:

Message from the SCTA President / Race Director

We have some great news to report! With assistance from Stuart Gosswein and Russ Deane with SEMA and Save the Salt Foundation we were able to negotiate with the BLM regarding our pre-trip plans. The BLM sent representatives out to the salt Friday June 3rd. The BLM reported the salt to be quite thin in some areas and reported improvements in miles 5 and 7. At this point we have permission to go out and access the conditions however, it may be a week or two before we can wheel pack or drag. I have expressed my concerns about wheel packing the areas of our long course from the 2 mile to the 3 1/2 where the silt came down from the mountains during the heavy rains. This will be necessary ASAP before the surface gets hard in order to have a smooth course through that area.

In closing I would like to thank Stuart Gosswein, Russ Deane and everyone inolved at the BLM for working together and coming to a resolution on this issue. I will keep the membership updated as the plans come together and more information becomes available.

Respectfully,
Bill Lattin
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline Sporty Dan

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2016, 05:11:16 PM »
Justin, thanks for sharing that. I keep forgetting that most of the current news isn't from the SCTA website, but on their Facebook page. That is definitely sounding like encouraging news.

Offline Finallygotit

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2016, 04:02:05 PM »
subscribing
Dan
Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2016, 12:47:37 PM »
I'm not sure where to post this and might start a new topic for the event, but -

I just got off the phone with Allison Volk Dean, talking about the likelihood of SpeedWeek '16 happening.  And what did she say?

That she's talking with the banquet folks about the 200 MPH Club feed on Wednesday evening of SpeedWeek '16, that's what.  And that she's placing an order for table gifts for the banquet.

Sounds like someone else is confident that we're gonna have an event. :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »
   Smiling at everybody's confidence. :-D
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline edinlr

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2016, 12:49:12 AM »
Just made my reservation at the Montego Bay, hope I am not jinxing this thing.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2016, 03:06:38 PM »
One week to go! I really got that night before Christmas feeling!!! Oh and to answer the question of where will I be? Standing on the salt :cheers:

Offline coloradodave

« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2016, 03:17:57 PM »
At the drivers meeting at 9:00 and then right to staging :cheers: :-D :-D
No regrets