Author Topic: Douglas Bingham  (Read 1292 times)

Offline bak189

Douglas Bingham
« on: January 28, 2016, 10:21:26 AM »
Yesterday afternoon cancer took one of my best friends and fellow sidecar builder/racer Doug Bingham. In past years he received several Emmys for his work in building camera sidecars for television and the Olympics, in addition he founded the annual Sidecar Rally which will have it's 45th year run this year. Doug was also a member of the AMA Hall of Fame. Back in the early 1960's Doug started a company in Van Nuys, California called Side Strider that build and imported both race and street sidecars. The sport has lost one of it's outstanding people in the world of motorcycling and sidecars..........RIP.  Doug.................................

Question authority.....always

Offline desotoman

Re: Douglas Bingham
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 04:17:10 PM »
Sorry to hear of Doug's passing. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I used to go over to the complex he was in and talk to him and Al Baker Sr.

Eventually I owned one of Doug's sidecars and went to the Sidecar rally in Griffith Park a few times. He was a really nice guy. RIP and Godspeed Doug.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.