Author Topic: BUB Pictures are up on my site....  (Read 7367 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
BUB Pictures are up on my site....
« on: September 14, 2006, 07:16:54 PM »

I've added pictures of the BUB meet and some more commentary on my site ( HERE ).

I took over 300 pictures at BUB and over 400 at Speed Week this year.  If there is any interest in them, plus pictures from other Speed Weeks I'll try and figure out a way to get them to people.  There are way too many and it would cost me too much to try and put all of this on my site.

Mike Akatiff also wrote up an excellent commentary of the "liner wars" and I have it on my site ( HERE ).

I don't really frequent the bike boards, so if some of you who do wouldn't mind, please put a link there to these photos (thanks Sum).

c ya,

Sum

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Bub
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 08:03:30 PM »
Sum
Great stuff and pics, thanks for your view and time to put it together.
Glen :D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Xea

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 11:08:47 AM »
Excellent reporting! I'm one of the J&P crew and appreciate your kind words.  :D Already we have started plans for next year. As far as our Liners history, You are correct, Bob George was the builder. This is the "sister" bike to the EZrider liner that held the record until recently. Originally configured with twin S&S Shovelhead engines, this bike wore the colors of Jammer originally and was on the cover of Hot Bike magazine January 1991. S&S, Harley Davidson, House of Horsepower were the Sponsors then. Dave Campos was the rider. This bike has set numerous records in the past. Dave remembers a couple things he did (and provided us with supporting documents). Mr. Vesco did also have a part in things. He was the one to shorten it from two engines to one. Originally cable steer, he also changed it to a handlebar type steering. Somewhere along about this time, Scott Guthrie (possibly in partnership with Jack Dolan) became the owners. I would love to hear from them regarding what was done to it under their ownership. Kent Riches was the next owner and set a couple of records with a 650 CC Suzuki and a 1000CC Suzuki. I Haven't check but they still may be current. 650 S/G and 1000 S/G. Hope that fills some of the gaps, and look forward to the info Scott and Jack can provide.
Faster, till the thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.

Offline Freud

Cover fotos for 'liner
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 11:14:38 AM »
It was also on the cover of MOTO '73, a bike magazine from Holland, in 1979.

It had the STAR paint then.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 12:50:36 PM »
Jack and Scott had it for about 10 years and never got to to the track, when I got it I pretty much cut all of there mods back out except 2 tubes. I also removed and redesigned the steering mods that don did. I was the one who redesigned the whole bike and I am the only person to set any records with the bike.
sum,
great pix and commentary you did a wonderful job. I think Jon should hire you to do event reporting
Kent

landracing

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 02:35:54 PM »
Kent,

I will be the first to admit I suck at reporting. I put out what I can.. But i will tell you this... Running a bike and trying to do website is a challenge. I would hire anybody that wants to keep up with all the entries and do the reporting. not easy to do.. IT is hard to race and report.. Mind set it on the bike first then the website.. I have a goal and trying to reach it.

Sum does an excellent job with his reports, very well written...

Maybe I need to pick one or the other... Dont make me make the decision... Because I will shut the site down until my goal is accomplished... Until then you just get what I can get out there... Its not like im sitting around...

But Kent you are 100% correct, I think I should look into doing something like that. Need to have someone who is current on the racers, the who's and what vehicles and can have time to get them done two or three times a day. And I can post them. Next couple years doesn't look as if I will be done with racing... Have a new project on the horizon that will take 100% of the time I have... Maybe I should just sell the site... To someone with more time... I dont think I can do both (race and website) at same time... That is just realizing the fact of the situation...

Jon

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »
Jon you do a great job and if i was in your position i would race first and report later. i was just trying to give Sum a complement

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 07:16:19 PM »
Thanks for the compliment Kent.

Jon I was at the meet with you and don't know how you get done what you do with either the bike or the posting much less both.

I couldn't have posted the story there.  I needed to think about it and the other day decided to post the pictures and thought I could do it in a couple hours.  Well I had to make a new section to my site, re-size all the pictures and then put them on the pages and add the text and try and get the right info from other posts.  The couple hours ended up taking about 3 days, not all day, but way more time than I thought it would.  Jon you do a really good job of getting the facts as they happen and getting them out to everyone while at the same time trying to race.  Of course you don't appear to need any sleep like the rest of us :wink: .

I know how much time it takes me for my site and it is not an "active site" like this one that needs to be taken care of almost daily.  I post  items to my site when I want and what I want.  I don't have the day to day maintenance you do running this and I have a store where I have a lot of free time and you have to go to work.  Your doing a great job and I don't think there is anyone here that doesn't appreciate all that you are doing.  Some might not realize the amount of effort you have to put into the site, but they all love you for what you are doing.

Just as I have realized it is time to close my business and move on I could see the day you might consider the same.  Hope it isn't now though.

c ya,

Sum

landracing

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006, 02:17:11 AM »
Sum,

I think what Kent and I are saying is that we are going to feed Starbucks into your viens during the event so you dont sleep either and have you write for the website during the event...

Works for me anyways :)

Jon

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 01:50:29 PM »
yeah,yeah, that's what i meant... Jon can race, Sum can wright, and we'll put the beer in my veins!  \:D/ I love delegating jobs.
kr

Offline Snail

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 02:19:59 PM »
Sumner, if you have any pics of my bike, #692, (Suz. GSXR 1k, blue and white), I'd sure like to get them.  I was at Bub's.

Thanks.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 03:04:59 PM »
Quote from: Snail
Sumner, if you have any pics of my bike, #692, (Suz. GSXR 1k, blue and white), I'd sure like to get them.  I was at Bub's.

Thanks.

I just looked through all of them and didn't see your bike, sorry.  I took a lot of the streamliners as they have things that could be applied to my lakester.  If I go back next year I'll try and get more bike pictures.

c ya, Sum

Offline thundair

• http://grayshot.com
Re: BUB Pictures are up on my site....
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 01:47:12 PM »
SUM

Sign up for paypal and I will buy a CD or two and I can help out with the web page.

Cheers

Larry

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
Re: BUB Pictures are up on my site....
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 04:54:29 PM »
SUM

Sign up for paypal and I will buy a CD or two and I can help out with the web page.

Cheers

Larry

Thanks, but I don't know if I want to take that step at this time.  I can still take credit cards from the store though  :-).  If it is too much of a problem for you send me an address and I'll just send them to you.

c ya,

Sum