Author Topic: Mopar Polysherical  (Read 8782 times)

Offline RichFox

Re: Mopar Polysherical
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 06:36:41 PM »
You might want to work on your welding when building the cage. After the 130 club the requirements for driver containment get pretty strict. You need to really digest the rule book before spending any money.

Offline Polyhead

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2016, 07:30:27 PM »
You might want to work on your welding when building the cage. After the 130 club the requirements for driver containment get pretty strict. You need to really digest the rule book before spending any money.

Heh... I should work on my welding BEFORE I weld the cage!  I mean... I'm brave, but i'm not brave enough to trust my life to globbed up mess I call welds!

I really think I'm going to hand roll cage design and building over to someone else.  If I can get someone else to do it for a couple of thousand dollars, which seems possible, then that's really a better thing to do.  Really a proper tubing bender ends up costing as much as having a cage built.  Not to mention mitering jigs, and 2 miles of wasted tubing because I've mitered it on the wrong end and bent the tubes the wrong way.  It's just going to be cheaper to take the car down, give her up for a few weeks and let someone that isn't a total hack do the job.  Besides, drinking beer and watching someone else do all the work.  Hell that's a good deal at almost any cost!

I have to sort out what i'm going to do header wise first.  I have a distinct feeling it's going to be less work to route the cage around the headers than to route headers around a cage.  I think I would like the cage extended out to the front sub frame and rear subframe, tying the two halves of the car together.  probably out to just forward of the mounting point of the upper control arm.  Part of me is also saying "just front half the car stupid."
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 12:11:28 AM »
Ben, there are a couple of us that are Inspectors that live in this area. You are welcome to ask questions any time. We are here to help and to keep you as safe as we can. As for the cage---well, there are a couple of very proficient shops locally that may be able to help. I don`t have the time or shop space to do it, but can send you to someone that can. Where in the Portland area are you located?

Offline Polyhead

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 07:19:27 AM »
Ben, there are a couple of us that are Inspectors that live in this area. You are welcome to ask questions any time. We are here to help and to keep you as safe as we can. As for the cage---well, there are a couple of very proficient shops locally that may be able to help. I don`t have the time or shop space to do it, but can send you to someone that can. Where in the Portland area are you located?

Hollywood dist.  For now... Getting too expensive too stay here.
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL

Offline Polyhead

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »
https://goo.gl/photos/nkCs2donpamAJAX88

Some people are watching this thread but not the thread on my 1960 Phoenix build that the engine is in.

So here are a couple of shots of the intake I received on Monday.  Anyone else have one of these Poly SS-X intakes?  Mine seems a bit on the rough side and I'm wondering if other people are getting the same results.
Ben 'Polyhead' Smith
  KE7GAL