Author Topic: 2 riders on one bike at the same meet??  (Read 4435 times)

Offline Bridge

• New folks
2 riders on one bike at the same meet??
« on: January 11, 2016, 04:22:09 PM »
I want to be able to have a friend do his rookie runs on my bike, and still be able to run my bike at the same meet as well.  Ive read the rule book and haven't been able to find anything to answer my question.  Would he be able to ride my bike for his rookie meet and I still be able to race?  Will he need a separate number on the bike etc..? Thanks

Offline dw230

Re: 2 riders on one bike at the same meet??
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 05:28:29 PM »
As long as the bike remains in the same class no alternative number is needed. He will have to sign on as the alternate rider during tech.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Bridge

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 08:48:46 PM »
Awesome! Thank you!

Offline FADED

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 10:54:41 AM »
The bike can only go once per round so I would go round1 and let him do his rookie thing in round 2. You go first incase there isn't a round 2 you still get points.

Offline Bridge

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:17:40 PM »
The bike can only go once per round so I would go round1 and let him do his rookie thing in round 2. You go first incase there isn't a round 2 you still get points.

Gotcha, I didn't know that!  I was hoping he could do his round 1 rookie run early and then I could do my round 1, because I'm always so far back in the line up. Then use data from his run to adjust mine.  Oh well, it will still be a good time!

Offline vintageracecar

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 06:47:36 PM »
Are you a member of a Scta club ? Is your buddy a member of a club ?
Reason I am asking, it gets kind of tricky, if you want to run a member and a guest on the same entry.
Mike

Offline Bridge

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 11:44:10 PM »
Reason I am asking, it gets kind of tricky, if you want to run a member and a guest on the same entry.
Mike

I am not in an SCTA club right now. That is on my list of things to get done before the May meet. And my buddy is not in a club either. What will be tricky or what whould be be best way to go about it? Both become club members? That would be something we can both do. Thanks!

Offline vintageracecar

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 08:32:04 AM »
Mike

I am not in an SCTA club right now. That is on my list of things to get done before the May meet. And my buddy is not in a club either. What will be tricky or what whould be be best way to go about it? Both become club members? That would be something we can both do. Thanks!

Best way would be for both of you guys to join a Scta club. Costs less money as an entry (Guest entry costs $50.00 more) and you will get all kinds of support & help from your club.
Here is a link to all Scta Clubs, we have listed on our website:
http://www.scta-bni.org/clubs.html
Best for you would probably be the "Road Runners". They are close by and are a great bunch of people.
They have an awesome support program for new members. Lot's of help with filling out forms, getting entered, rookie orientation and looking after you for the first couple of times, so you don't get in trouble.
Several people on this forum are members of the Road Runners.
Good luck,
Mike

Offline Bridge

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »
Mike

Best way would be for both of you guys to join a Scta club. Costs less money as an entry (Guest entry costs $50.00 more) and you will get all kinds of support & help from your club.
Here is a link to all Scta Clubs, we have listed on our website:
http://www.scta-bni.org/clubs.html
Best for you would probably be the "Road Runners". They are close by and are a great bunch of people.
They have an awesome support program for new members. Lot's of help with filling out forms, getting entered, rookie orientation and looking after you for the first couple of times, so you don't get in trouble.
Several people on this forum are members of the Road Runners.
Good luck,
Mike

Awesome!  Thanks for your help!!