Author Topic: Has anyone run these tires?  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Pickle

Has anyone run these tires?
« on: January 06, 2016, 11:04:05 AM »
I was looking around at tires and came across these from Moroso.

http://www.moroso.com/eb/catalog/navigationPath//{11344}::DS-2%20Front%20Tires.html?entryId=catalog.productgroup.&expand=true&menuId=main.menu

It says they are good to 300 mph with 800 pound load. Has anyone run them? Will they pass tech?

James

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Has anyone run these tires?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 11:49:31 AM »
What are you thinking about putting them on?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Pickle

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:57:35 PM »
I was thinking of using them on my lakester (see able dog in build diary). They have ok sizes and the price is right.

Offline DallasV

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 01:37:08 PM »
Says tested to 300 mph, don't know if that means good to or not. 
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 01:47:45 PM »
pretty wide cross section
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 03:19:18 PM »
The DS-2 Moroso tires are used by many LSR racers on the salt and pavement for not only the front tire but also for the drive tires on both lakesters and roadsters.
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Pickle

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 03:57:41 PM »
Thanks all.

Yeah sparky like I said "ok" sizes but at 150 a piece looks like a good buy for the first year or two, besides, we aren't going after records.