Author Topic: Registration is open for 2016  (Read 11847 times)

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
Registration is open for 2016
« on: December 21, 2015, 06:42:44 AM »
Hello Racers and Happy Holidays from all of us at the LTA.

Big news for the 2016 season.  Due to the increased interest we have had from the left coast, we have expanded the July Event to 5 days of racing!  Only makes sense for people traveling that far to have a bigger weather window and more tuning time. 

We have also decided to expand the other events if we get enough registrations to merit it. If we get 100 registrations to the May or September Events, we will go to 3 full days of racing and have licensing  on Thursday instead of Friday evening.  Please note that we are also capping registrations at 125 per event to ensure everyone gets plenty of runs and we may open the short course again if needed.

Also, just in time for Christmas for that special racer on your list, Registration is now open.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline bearingburner

Re: Registration is open for 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 04:35:01 PM »
If your going to run 5 days in July then I think you should be able to handle more than 125 entries and still give everyone plenty of opportunities to make all the runs they want.

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »
I just received the following note from Mark Appleton, owner of British Cycle Supplies:

"Tom, this year, we should have hospitality at our warehouse for you and other racers and BCS Customers: compressor hookup,  outside outlets, camping on our lawn or parking lot for tents or trailers, fridge full of pop, flush toilet, inside work space if required. Looking forward to seeing you. I also think Bonneville unfortunate deterioration is going to be to Loring’s advantage."

Their new warehouse is located on the airbase.  I don't know what they have for tools or bench space, but at least it will be indoors if you need to do repairs.
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 07:14:27 AM »
More information from Mark Appleton confirming that their facility has a large air compressor and a 220v hook up capability if you have a long extension cord.  Also there is room to bring in a car but of course, no hoist.  But bring your own tools.  Open hours are normally 9-5 weekdays but they are flexible depending on requirements at the meet.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Canadian FJR

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 09:10:20 AM »
Great location, I was able to test it out last summer  :-)

Canadian FJR

Offline dresda

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 10:24:02 PM »
I am on the waiting list for Ohio but might have to jump ship so is there still space for your May event, had a great time last September even if it was a long haul.
ray.

Jessechop

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 12:12:22 PM »
Yep,  spots are available. Go to our Web site for more info www.loringtiming.com and click on registration

Offline Canadian FJR

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 01:38:31 PM »
"we may open the short course again if needed."

What is the short course?

Canadian FJR

Jessechop

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2016, 05:24:34 PM »
A course that is shorter than the long one  :-( :-D Sorry

On the left side of the facility where we typically allow testing and tuning we have in the past set that up as a one mile, under 150 mph course. The two big issues we have with that is we need another complete set of track workers and a supply of racers to run over there. We dont have time slips over there, just radar so no record passes can be made. Typically it is used for licensing passes and tuning runs if the need is there.

I know when I was racing the dirt bike it was a blessing to be able to go over there and get it all sorted out before hitting the track

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2016, 05:41:53 PM »
A course that is shorter than the long one  :-( :-D Sorry

On the left side of the facility where we typically allow testing and tuning we have in the past set that up as a one mile, under 150 mph course. The two big issues we have with that is we need another complete set of track workers and a supply of racers to run over there. We dont have time slips over there, just radar so no record passes can be made. Typically it is used for licensing passes and tuning runs if the need is there.

I know when I was racing the dirt bike it was a blessing to be able to go over there and get it all sorted out before hitting the track

This is another reason why the Loring track is one of the best in the country you can test and get a driver qualified on the test track. Then when you feel ready for the main track you can run 1.5 miles its all good for sure. See you in a few weeks.
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline dresda

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 05:46:59 PM »
How many entries do you hope to get, it was great last September even if i only got one run in.

Jessechop

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2016, 07:51:38 PM »
I would guess we will end up around 50 to 60, and thats a total guess. Many are waiting until the event gets closer to see what the weather looks like. So it could be higher, only time will tell.

Offline Canadian FJR

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 11:15:09 PM »
Any idea of schedule at this point?

Can a newbie go through tech and track orientation on Thursday evening or does this start on Friday morning?

Canadian FJR

Jessechop

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 05:39:38 AM »
Roughly speaking tech will start at about noon on Friday. Passes probably around 5:00 that evening.  It's really to early to nail it down for certain yet. Alot depends on how many volunteers show,  how many racers show and the weather.  I  will do a schedule as we get closer

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 03:27:20 PM »
Jesse is their going to be any posters at the event? Im also looking for one from last year which I forgot to get
 Ron
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"