Author Topic: Restore the Bonneville Salt Flats petition  (Read 11492 times)

Offline jimmy six

Re: Restore the Bonneville Salt Flats petition
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 09:48:48 PM »
If you think folks don't know, your wrong. Paper news and the Internet is making a difference. While waiting to get my license tag for my truck in line at the Auto Club wearing my 200 MPH Club jacket 2 people inquired about the condition of the salt and what is happening. They both were pretty well read on the subject. One stated going there IS on his bucket list and he drove on the autobahn over 180. People do care.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline johnneilson

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 01:00:06 AM »
While I think that any action is progress, it is my opinion that this petition is incorrect.

The BLM can deny that anything needs to be restored, and the BLM is using this to stall any action.

I am sure that there are many others who are smarter than me on legal matters, but wouldn't it make more sense to find a way of charging the BLM with "Failing to Preserve a National Treasure"? There sure seems to be enough evidence out there and not just the BLM surveys.

It seems to me that this wording has a much broader meaning to non-racers and the General public, which the numbers could build upon.

Then, the restoration can start.

Fire away, I have on the catalytic skivvies.

John

As Carroll Smith wrote; All Failures are Human in Origin.

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 10:34:13 PM »
If you think folks don't know, your wrong.  People do care.

Its quite obvious they aren't aware of the petition.  No none knows, except the 180-ish people who signed it.  Its sad.  This is a sport that everyone admires and dreams of being part of, yet it seems to be a secret society that no one knows how to approach or support. 
Either that or people don't want to support or save the salt.  I know magazines like Grassroots Motorsports (which one would assume would be interested) has zero interest in helping.  Not even when the folks who pay to advertise with them ask for a little help.  They all "want" to help, just not in print.  Where there is no money there will be no help - especially if we step on the toes of money.  Until someone of wealth gets publicly humiliated (and their riches are threatened) by their actions, there will be no backing.  The key is finding out which politicians and business men are having their incomes bolstered.  Not an easy task, probably not free, but probably the quickest means to full support. 
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.