Author Topic: Production class documentation?  (Read 2563 times)

BTG

Production class documentation?
« on: September 11, 2006, 07:56:04 PM »
SCTA rules sec 5.4 state some documentation is required to certify the production class record. What kind of documentation is needed? Anyone with experience?

I tried the number for the Coupe and Sedan chairman but all I got was a fax machine. Do I need to send a fax?

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 11:01:33 AM »
The best thing I have ever seen was a brochere from the manufacturer.

In the 3 ring binder where you keep your log book; (you do have a binder don't you) a page of original vehicle pictures would be very helpful in a protest. Pictures of other "stock" or as manufactured vehicles will enhance your position. Manufacturers parts pages from dealers help with additional devices and parts #'s which may be factory but not on the normal car sold to the average driver. Parts counters guys will copy this stuff if you ask.

Older brocheres can be found a swap meets, e-bay, collector clubs, etc:

Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 11:37:42 AM »
Here is some information off the SCTA-BNI website. Look there first for current phone numbers and email addresses.

Bob Sykes Jr. Coupe & Sedan Chair:  (714) 527-6250  bsykesjr@pacbell.net

If the phone number is wrong try their email address.
I hope this helps,
Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

LittleLiner

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 12:25:04 PM »
Other sources of documentation that have been recommended are factory and aftermarket service manuals (check ebay).  

Also search the Internet for web sites and club sites that concentrate on your model of car.  Often such sites have specifications and photos that could help.  

See if there are any other racers using your model car and contact them to see what they have for documentation.  Maybe they can make you a copy of hard to find references.

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 05:25:19 PM »
For my Pickup truck, I e-mailed the marketing dept at Mitsubishi for the production numbers for the model year, and the list of standard equipment and options. No body has asked me fore anything yet. They only made 14,000 of them.....Maybe at World Finals when I get to impound...Dan?
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder