Author Topic: SOLD Complete 53 Studebaker Fiberglass body  (Read 5191 times)

Offline gnomenator

SOLD Complete 53 Studebaker Fiberglass body
« on: November 03, 2015, 02:07:25 PM »
Hi all, I have a complete 1953 fiberglass body for sale, it was made by  www.classicglassperformance.com on the east coast(Maryland?) and purchased by Superior Glass here in Oregon. They were going to use it as a mold I guess , but the owner retired without doing that and I bought it from his son. My game-plan was ,of course, build a 53 LSR sled , but with conditions being what they currently are, I have to be realistic and admit that A) I don't need 2 LSR cars & B) time is not on my side should I decide to build it, as a build like this, as we all know, takes a s**tload of time & $ !! It has the complete body, both doors(2 pc) ,one piece front end( fenders/grill) hood & trunk lid. This is a 'race-weight' body, meaning it isn't really set up to replace 'street' components readily.It had sat outside at Superior for a while so it needs cleaned, but it's all intact and would make a great ride.I hate to see it sit here and thought maybe someone could make it happen. I've checked prices on these things and they are pretty steep, but I would make someone a heck of a deal. You can contact me thru the forum or pm or cell  541-517-6301 Thanks  & LSR FOREVER!! :cheers: ps: I would have to text pics, as I can't seem to load pics to this site(computer -dumb), but the web site above will give you an idea what I have and how much they go for! Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 07:25:14 PM by Stainless1 »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Complete 53 Studebaker Fiberglass body for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 02:34:40 PM »
that is a good post by you....

ss, please do an introduction post and fill out your profile or risk being tagged as a spam bot and deleted. Thanks
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 02:55:08 PM »
Evidently they celebrate Easter in Kurdistan with a serving of Spam.   :dhorse:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 03:05:07 PM »
Yea, probably, if not he knows what he needs to do.  Otherwise I guess Slim can delete him
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 04:45:05 PM »
Hi , in response to the latest posts about my lack of an intro, my apologies, I did fill out my profile, can't seem to post a pic, and today did my 'duty' and filled in my intro. I enjoy being part of this forum, but lately it seems there is some mean-spirited posts, possibly the result of salt-deprivation? The post for the Studie body has been up for a long time and nobody seemed to be 'annoyed' by it til now.I'm pretty sure that I met a few of you locals at Frued's reunion, and all seemed to be pretty friendly, so let's try to keep it that way. We are all in the same boat together, waiting to run. Have a nice day!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »
Hi , in response to the latest posts about my lack of an intro, my apologies, I did fill out my profile, can't seem to post a pic, and today did my 'duty' and filled in my intro. I enjoy being part of this forum, but lately it seems there is some mean-spirited posts, possibly the result of salt-deprivation? The post for the Studie body has been up for a long time and nobody seemed to be 'annoyed' by it til now.I'm pretty sure that I met a few of you locals at Frued's reunion, and all seemed to be pretty friendly, so let's try to keep it that way. We are all in the same boat together, waiting to run. Have a nice day!

Just so you know the criticism isn't directed at you. There was a post right after yours posted this morning from a university in Iraq. I was a little suspicious but left it alone to see what might happen. That's not what I usually do. Obviously I wasn't the only one that it bothered.

You're just fine! Keep enjoying the site.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »
Good Morning Pete, thank you for you kind words! I realize in this computer driven world it is hard to separate 'real' from  garbage and as I said, I took care of it as soon as it was pointed out. So, once again, thanks Pete well appreciated, Ed :cheers:

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 06:07:57 PM »
Hi all, wasn't sure how to delete this post, so thought it best at least to mark it sold ! It went to a (of all things) a drag-racer thru Portland ,Or Craigslist  !! Bummer, thought maybe someday I'd get to see it blast down the salt :(    Anyway, keep the faith, pray for good salt and hopefully see all on the Salt!  :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: SOLD Complete 53 Studebaker Fiberglass body
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 07:45:52 PM »
G, the way to delete a "for sale" post like yours -  is to have me do it.  I don't automatically take down "for sale" items even after they're sold, since some of the stuff that is shown/sold/etc here is pretty LSR-specific and there's not a real market much of anyplace.  I leave the items up so we can all have some kind of reference available.  Like when you need a 3.08:1 spurvling bearing  for your Allison V-16 or something.

I think One Run Bob was trying to sell his spare - that's how I happen to know about the item. :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline gnomenator

Re: SOLD Complete 53 Studebaker Fiberglass body
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2016, 08:54:06 PM »
SSS, thanks for the heads-up, I looked all over for a clue to do it. I also wanted to clarify that I didn't sell it thru this forum, lest someone would feel I short-changed the system. I am in the process of clearing out the 'clutter' and will probably have some more goodies to sell on here, so thanks again for the heads-up on deleting. I met you at WOS a few years back, hopefully, we will meet again soon!  Have a good summer > G  :cheers: