Author Topic: And Now for Something Completely Different . . . . 2015  (Read 1259 times)

gkabbt

And Now for Something Completely Different . . . . 2015
« on: October 24, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »
The Grassroots Motorsports Magazine $2015 Challenge - Gainesville, FL!

In case you don't know, Grassroots Motorsports magazine is geared for the hardcore sports car folks but, to me, is a REALLY good magazine.
On top of all they do, they began this challenge race for readers years ago and the premise for them is to build a competitive car that can autocross, drag race and be presentable in a concours. The dollar amount is equal to the year, hence $2015.

Like last year, a friend of mine from Maryland was hoping to have his '83 Rampage ready for the $2015 challenge. He knows a "bit" about previous challenges as he has won two! Also, like last, due to the amount of changes/innovation he was doing and then work and family commitments, he unfortunately had to throw in the towel late summer on the Rampage. He did however, bring his black Dodge Shadow and this is one of his cars that he won previously with.

I had such a fun time last year that I new I would be going back and I was in Gainesville yesterday and today - 10/23 & 10/24. Friday was the autocross and drag race and today was the concours.
I did not hang around long today as I had other places I wanted to go in FL, AL, GA and NC.

So without further ado, here are my Google+ pics:

https://plus.google.com/photos/115248360774022016668/albums/6209303354805595169

As usual, I hope you enjoy!

Gregg

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:08:07 PM by gkabbt »