Author Topic: December 9-12 2015 PRo Racing Industry Show in Indy  (Read 49349 times)

gkabbt

Re: December 9-12 2015 PRo Racing Industry Show in Indy
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 09:16:20 PM »
In Wilmington, OH for the night. Will be in Indy tomorrow and looking forward to the "Show".
Will be at the Saturday LSR event. Other than that, I don't really have anything planned, just want to experience it and see/meet new friends.

Gregg
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:18:50 PM by gkabbt »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2015, 10:35:38 PM »
Gralph, why didn't you tell us you were heading to the PRI?  We could have saved a bunch of hassle and stayed home and saved the ignomy of maybe being seen in public with you.

Ah, the heck with it -- take life as it's thrown.  Put up with him.  C U Thursday or Friday or something. :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

gkabbt

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2015, 10:42:25 PM »
Gralph, why didn't you tell us you were heading to the PRI?  We could have saved a bunch of hassle and stayed home and saved the ignomy of maybe being seen in public with you.

Ah, the heck with it -- take life as it's thrown.  Put up with him.  C U Thursday or Friday or something. :evil:

Gralph??? That's new and too Funny, Mr. Head Handlebar Holder.....Sir! 
Looking forward to seeing you and Mrs. Slim at the Show!

Gregg

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 06:04:46 AM »
Greg,

Chris and I will be there Thurs approx noon until noon or so on Sat.     You probably have Chris' cell #.   PM me for mine.

We have all our credentials and are ready to go.

:cheers:
Fordboy
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

gkabbt

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 07:44:33 AM »

Mark, Yep, I did talk with Chris last night. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Gregg

Offline bbarn

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 10:01:50 AM »
Visit us and Realtrac at Booth #7122

I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 12:22:10 PM »
I'll definitely be sure to stop by to see the Carbinite 'liner.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »
We saw lotsa stuff -- but didn't make it to the Carbinite 'liner before we ran out of fresh feet today.  Maybe tomorrow.  Or Saturday.  I got a bunch of photos -- most of who's there.  I'll put 'em up so you can see who you missed.  But first -- lemme rest my aching feet.

Heck, we even talked with George Callaway.  How's that for something -- unh, mmm,  well,  ahh, well, Hi, George. :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2015, 07:16:19 PM »
Who talked?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2015, 10:53:14 AM »
Well, hey -- we're on vacation and had to build up a sleep reserve if we've gotta be at an 8AM meeting tomorrow.  So we haven't even left the fine crack whore motel we're bunked in to go back for day 2.  But -- I've got a batch of photos we took yesterday.  I'm gonna bulk post 'em - and then try to go back and fill in information and names - if I can remember.  In the meantime -- the photos'll be up and you can gawk at all of the glitz - and the racers.  And keep your eyes on the background.  Lotsa stuff.  LOTSA stuff.

Here's a quick glimpse of stuff:

What was Hooley doing there?  The people you run into at these shows. . .

The Racepak booth produced - to no surprise -- Donny Cummins, who told us a bit about a new project the -11 race team (911, 711, etc, yanno) is starting.

Fordboy ain't all that short of a dude -- 'cept next to Chris and me:

Nancy is not as tall as MM, is she?

There was a display of some Indy cars - and other Indy "stuff", like this ratty ol' Borg Warner Trophy, whatever it stands for  :roll:

Oh, please - forgive me.  I heard an interview being conducted on the PA in the Indy booth area -- and it was this fine ol' boy talking about his racing career.  Did I get his name?  Heck, NO!  I'm so sorry.  Turbine car ('64, right?) era driver, successful, race with Parnelli and Rodger and all of those '60s names.  Please -- someone tell me/us.  It was better still for me -- 'cause I went to 7 or so 500s during the 60's -- so I saw the turbine car and Andy G. and the Novi (was this guy a Novi driver?) so I KNOW I've seen him driving at the Brickyard.  How cool -- even not remembering who he was.

George and Cal:

There's a big display for the Hot Rodders of Tomorrow, and indeed, the young folks were finishing up a rebuild competition while we walked past.  Quite a show -- listening to the coaches (shouting from the sideline, as a young wrench is installing the distributor:  "Don't forget the hold down clamp!  Don't forget the Hold Down!!", watching the crew members on the back of the parts/tools bench -- holding out a torque wrench or socket like a nurse passing a scalpel to a surgeon, and so on.

And then we ran across the Wossner booth.  I won't show the other photo of John and Nancy -- Michelle might happen onto it and I don't want to cause any bad feelings this close to Christmas.

Imagine, if you can, a booth at a trade show, and the booth is staffed by John Noonan. Imagine why in heck there'd be a motorcycle in the booth?  Nah, TWO motorcycles.  As proof that these are not street bikes -- note MM next to one of 'em.  He's kneeling -- and still taller than the bike.  Of course, yes, I'll admit it -- his kneeling is still standing up straight and tall for some people.

Ever the artistical one in our family, Nancy wanted to show the colors of wheels these days.

Okay - a few photos of stuff and cars and I'll quit for now and head back to the show for day two.  Oh, yeah -- maybe I'll get some pictures of the people I forgot to see yesterday.

Okay - that's it for now.  Later.  I won't have the 'puter with me so I won't be responding to questions or requests.  If it's that important -- call me, okay?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2015, 11:11:38 AM »
Jon;

Was that Bobby Unser?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2015, 11:19:48 AM »
Dang - that was quick.  We haven't left yet.  I'll see if I can find out.  Let's see -- one of the anecdotes was about when Parnelli was telling this guy to ask Andy Granatelli for ten grand to drive the Novi, and Andy offered $1,000 instead.  He took it - went back and told Parnelli -- who got pretty pissed at him for settling too cheap.

I think I got it straight.  Buck more important than the one story -- was the big bunch that we heard.  Great stuff.  I'll find out who it was and tell ya later.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2015, 12:46:21 PM »
Neil, that's Bobby at the table. Wayno

Offline jdincau

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2015, 12:59:51 PM »
Being interviewed by Robin Miller
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2015, 03:39:37 PM »
Confirmed it today.  It was Bobby Unser all right.  Sorry I didn't remember earlier.  We're back for now -- took a batch of photos of the next group.  I'll get 'em up here in a little while.  right now Nancy and I have some afternoon business to which we must attend - before going out to a blues club in downtown Indy tonight ("The Slippery Noodle", it says -- Indiana's oldest bar -- est. 1850).  Says it's a blues club -- so now you know where to find us tonight. 
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com