Author Topic: STS show signs  (Read 55219 times)

Offline sofadriver

Re: STS show signs
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »
Great work! I'm going to print some up and pass around at a local car show this weekend. Could I make one suggestion (since you have the "original")?

It seems to me that getting the word "Bonneville" on this would be key. Might I suggest in the box containing "for more information" you substitute

"Preserve the Bonneville International Speedway". I think it has more impact / name recognition. Just my 2 cents but THANK YOU for the grass-roots effort, in any event!
To save space  how about "the Bonneville Salt flats are disapearing"
Mike in Tacoma

"aww, what the hell - let's just do it".............

Bike #833
100cc A/G, A/F and APS/G (in 2019)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2015, 02:24:27 PM »
... It seems to me that getting the word "Bonneville" on this would be key. Might I suggest in the box containing "for more information" you substitute

"Preserve the Bonneville International Speedway"...

Not room to put that in the area by the links and if we start adding too much wordage it will have to be in a very small font and loose impact.  How about this as far as getting "Bonneville" in the message ...

...Business Card size above...

...Possible Poster size above.  Not sure how it would re-produce larger but a printer could make both of these better pretty easy I would think and you could always change some of it to what you liked.  This is just to get things rolling.

The key is the link to the two sites and then let them decide how to convey the message and activate support for the cause,

Sumner
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:28:32 PM by Sumner »

Offline half-fast racer

• New folks
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2015, 02:29:16 PM »
I LIKE IT!! I will print up some cards and distribute to anyone remotely interested. Hope lots of people do the same.

Offline half-fast racer

• New folks
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »
Maybe someone attending SEMA (sadly, not me) could print up a bazillion and distribute freely.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2015, 03:06:49 PM »
I like these slightly better myself...

...and...

Sumner

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2015, 03:43:38 PM »
Maybe...
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »
It wouldn't cost much more, if any, to have several different vehicles on the cards/posters. Same info and format, just a few different vehicle pictures. A roadster, bike, lakester, truck, liner, etc so it might appeal to more people.
If someone is going and wanted to do this I will help some with the cost of printing. PM me if interested.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2015, 05:00:29 PM »
I've heard the ads for card printing companies on line -- saying they'll now make cards with a different picture on each card - for not all that much of a cost.  Or cards with text/art on both sides.  I got some for us with a photo on one side and text on the other -- for something like $16/100.  How many do each of you need?  Might be worth doing -- and it was quick, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline half-fast racer

• New folks
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2015, 05:02:35 PM »
Multiple vehicles etc. nice, but more complex, "somebody" has to coordinate, etc. etc.

Simpler solution - EVERYBODY get a package of Avery business cards (200 @ $!0.79 on Amazon, slightly higher at Staples of Office Depot) print your own from this artwork and give them out. repeat as necessary. Not expensive, no distribution issues, but hopefully some awareness to people that might be interested.

Offline desotoman

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2015, 07:41:39 PM »
Wow Sumner, nice work.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Is there any way we could keep the black line in the picture?

Here is another example keeping the black line and more salt in the picture, but I am not very good at this type stuff. Feel free to modify. Originally I thought I read we were limited to six words, hence the reason for so few on the first picture.

Tom G.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:44:35 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2015, 08:15:42 PM »
...Is there any way we could keep the black line in the picture?  Tom G.

I didn't like taking it out but wanted to get the "The Salt is Disappearing" to stand out more.  On the poster size format there is a lot more room to work with.  Trying to get it all down to a 2" X 3 1/2" format it becomes more difficult to get the picture and the whole message across.

Above is your picture reduced to 3 1/2 inches wide.  The problem is that it is then 2 1/2 inches high (higher than a business card).  If I reduce the height then it isn't 3 1/2 inches long any longer unless I distort the picture.  So to make it fit the card I have to cut the top off...

...as shown above.  That looks ok if the text is large enough to easily read, but is it?  I have the picture sizes set for 3 1/2 X 2 and on my screen they show up larger than that so consider that when looking at the different options.

I took your idea, which I thought was great, and tweaked it a little not meaning for it to be a universal format for everyone.  I'd say people should do what they feel works best for them.  The main point is to get the links in there to the two organizations that are working on the problem.

Nothing wrong with these having different looks in my opinion as long as there is a message that gets people interested and sends them off in the right direction for further info,

Sumner

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:25:44 PM by Sumner »

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2015, 08:17:43 PM »
For comparison side by side here are the two versions that are sized 2 X 3 1/2..

One should measure them on the screen and then visualize them the correct size or try printing them out,

Sumner

Offline desotoman

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2015, 08:55:02 PM »

I took your idea, which I thought was great, and tweaked it a little not meaning for it to be a universal format for everyone.  I'd say people should do what they feel works best for them.  The main point is to get the links in there to the two organizations that are working on the problem.

Nothing wrong with these having different looks in my opinion as long as there is a message that gets people interested and sends them off in the right direction for further info,

Sumner

Sumner,

I agree completely, and my intent was to get people thinking what they could actually do with their car or bike, by just inserting a few words to get the message out.

Just like you did with Hooley's car.  :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks again, I see what  you are saying on the small print. Just more food for thought for anyone interested in doing something like this with their vehicle.

Tom G.

I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2015, 11:16:33 AM »
I'll tip my hat a little bit here -- by telling you that you might ask Johnnie Rouse what he's thinking of doing about helping to save the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »
OK SSS

I'll say it, I bought Tee Shirts to wear to racing, automotive events, biker rallies, and what ever. Thanks to SSS, he did a great job and turned shirts  around in no time at all.

In addition to the Tee shirts, Sum's card idea is a damn good idea, so I'm taking pictures of my race bikes for the background and making up cards to handout at every place people may have an interest.

Most successful endeavors are well organized and timely, now is timely, we can all get more organized as time goes on, so at this point I think timely means start getting the word out NOW.

Now I have to figure out how to make business Cards.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.