Author Topic: STS show signs  (Read 55347 times)

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
Re: STS show signs
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2015, 04:51:47 PM »
This is what should make a quickie Tee

Bonneville Salt Flats
           The National Treasure That Needs Your

Help !!!

It’s disappearing before our eyes

I've put in my order to SSS.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline rgdavid

• fancy metalwork
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2015, 05:18:24 PM »
Or international treasure,

David :-)

Offline rouse

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2015, 05:45:41 PM »
Or international treasure,

David :-)

That too.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2015, 07:17:00 PM »
My problem is -- how do I help (on a T-shirt or poster)?

That's what's kept me from making the poster.  I coulda done it.  I know how to do it.  When I bought and designed billboards (kinda similar) six words were the max.  I don't know how to even present STS (S-T-S), whatever.  We're only together on this in the goal.  Not in the doing.

I'll think of this the next week in Cabo.  Let me know if you come up with something brilliant. 

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »
Got Salt - Not!
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2015, 03:51:29 PM »
I think we need to be cautious in the sign creation department - and while I would prefer to see something in the form of at least a template - and sooner than later - I think the message on the sign, the layout, the logo, all needs to be consistent.

I can't argue with any of the sentiments posted as proposals, but I also believe the branding and message needs to be consistent from event to event, car to car, racer to racer.  When that occurs, then our personal stories and viewpoints will have a greater impact with those we interact with. 

I maintain this task should be farmed out to somebody less busy, but I also believe it should move forward quickly and with an approval from STS.

A boatload of home made signs will make us look like an angry mob - and in a lot of ways, we are.  But a consistent logo and message will make us look like a well organized angry mob, and that's the group that I think will likely be more effective. 

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline rouse

« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2015, 04:00:24 PM »
I'd say I'm more like the hungry buzzard sitting on a fence post thinking, patients my a$$.

Rouse 
Johnnie Rouse

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2015, 04:06:48 PM »
I think we need to be cautious in the sign creation department - and while I would prefer to see something in the form of at least a template - and sooner than later - I think the message on the sign, the layout, the logo, all needs to be consistent.

I can't argue with any of the sentiments posted as proposals, but I also believe the branding and message needs to be consistent from event to event, car to car, racer to racer.  When that occurs, then our personal stories and viewpoints will have a greater impact with those we interact with.  

I maintain this task should be farmed out to somebody less busy, but I also believe it should move forward quickly and with an approval from STS.

A boatload of home made signs will make us look like an angry mob - and in a lot of ways, we are.  But a consistent logo and message will make us look like a well organized angry mob, and that's the group that I think will likely be more effective.  

I agree a uniform sign should be the prioroty but as we read SEMA comes first. The indoor car show season is now underway at least here on the East Coast its to bad were missing these opportunities.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 04:33:40 PM by ronnieroadster »
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2015, 06:18:02 PM »

A boatload of home made signs will make us look like an angry mob - and in a lot of ways, we are.  But a consistent logo and message will make us look like a well organized angry mob, and that's the group that I think will likely be more effective. 

I thought variety was the spice of life.
Isn't that what LSR is all about?   :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't think it matters what the signs look like as long as there are signs and they are appropriate, and the car owner has the added contact information to hand out so people can make a difference.

If and when an organization comes up with a template you can change to that if you want.

IMO this is one of those topic's you have to run with while the iron is hot. And right now the iron is HOT.

Tom G.

I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2015, 07:48:41 PM »

I thought variety was the spice of life.
Isn't that what LSR is all about?   :evil: :evil: :evil:

I don't think it matters what the signs look like as long as there are signs and they are appropriate, and the car owner has the added contact information to hand out so people can make a difference.

If and when an organization comes up with a template you can change to that if you want.

IMO this is one of those topic's you have to run with while the iron is hot. And right now the iron is HOT.

Tom G.

I agree totally.  It isn't like the people at a car show are likely to go to other shows and compare signs and question that there isn't a united front on this. 

The main thing is to include links to STS and The Utah Alliance so they can keep up in the future with what is going on along with this site. 

Trying to get STS, the Utah Alliance and everyone else on the same page as far as a poster goes might take some time.  Like Tom says "IMO this is one of those topic's you have to run with while the iron is hot. And right now the iron is",

Sumner

Offline desotoman

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2015, 07:52:32 PM »
This is an example of what I am talking about.

Tom G.

PS. Use a picture like this on a business card and have all the contacts on the back for a handout.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:04:39 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »

This is an example of what I am talking about.

Tom G.

PS. Use a picture like this on a business card and have all the contacts on the back for a handout.

I like it and the business cards is a great idea.  A person is less apt to loose that compared to a flyer  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:,

Sum

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2015, 09:06:38 PM »
It caught my eye.
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2015, 12:58:16 PM »
I played around with Tom's card this morning.

Above it is in Business Card size of 2 X 3 1/2 and it would be easy to have these printed up and being on one side only would cost less.  A printer or online service could put your car or someone else's on but I like Tom's myself.

Above is a larger version that could also be made into a poster or sign.  People could take a picture of it with their phone and have the contact info for later,

Sumner

Offline half-fast racer

• New folks
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »
Great work! I'm going to print some up and pass around at a local car show this weekend. Could I make one suggestion (since you have the "original")?

It seems to me that getting the word "Bonneville" on this would be key. Might I suggest in the box containing "for more information" you substitute

"Preserve the Bonneville International Speedway". I think it has more impact / name recognition. Just my 2 cents but THANK YOU for the grass-roots effort, in any event!