Author Topic: STS show signs  (Read 55220 times)

velocity

Re: STS show signs
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2015, 02:20:42 PM »
THE UTAH ALLIANCE AND SAVE THE SALT ARE WORKING ON A GENERIC SIGN THAT ALL RACERS CAN USE AT CAR SHOWS. IT IS A GREAT IDEA. BE PATIENT, IT IS NOT AT THE OF OF THE LIST, BUT IT IS AN IMPORTANT. LOOK FOR SOMETHING POSTED ON THE UA AND STS WEBSITE AS LR.COM FORUM POSTING SIZE LIMITS ARE NOT COMMENSURATE WITH THE SIZE REQUIRED FOR A HIGH QUALITY REPRODUCTION DOWNLOAD FILE. 

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 04:29:40 PM »
I think that a .pdf file should not be that large.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline noboD

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 05:25:51 PM »
STS, please make the sign/article able to be used at ANY car show, not specifying that THIS car runs at B-ville.

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 06:39:55 PM »
I think that Jon's original idea that he be the one to print the signs is a good one. His generosity by providing this site is why all this happening. So he needs to get some compensation by printing and sending signs to the exhibitors.

The original file should be available, but if you are having a sign printed, give SSS the first shot at it.

Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 07:46:48 PM »
Posting a sign that anyone can use is probably the best outcome.  Jon would have to print them and then ship them and all of that would cost the people displaying them time and money.  Even he thinks that would hurt the effort.  Let's give Jon credit for having this forum to make this a reality.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 08:59:47 PM »
Geez, the way you're talking about this dude named "Jon" makes me kinda wonder. . . :?

Okay -- I can post a downloadable pdf here and would be happy to do so.  If it is too big to fit in as a "regular" attachment here in the Forum -- well, that's what we've got Bob the Web Elf for -- he can make it work (you can, Bob, cancha?  Don't make me a liar, you hear?)

I'll be happy to help out however it needs doing.  Stan has a fine point -- shipping them thar things'll be expensive - so if I can host the original art for 'em and you each go to your local sign shop to have them download and print -- that'd be great.

"You tell me what to make, Father, and I'll do it.  I stole LOTS of wood from the building site."

I mean, that is, you tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it.  Maybe you don't remember that old joke. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

velocity

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »
Jon does not need to be saddled with buying envelopes, filling out addresses, buying postage and ensuring mailings.

Send LR.com a donation that does not require him working extra to support the website. For that matter, send 1/2 and consider making a contribution to STS in November, the BSF restoration is gonna need it.

We will post the link on LR.com to download the PDF on the www.save-the-salt.org website

Easy, quick, no babysitting.

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 03:26:54 PM »
When I display my Rear Engine Modified Roadster  at the Jalopyrama Reunion I look forward to having a sign to help spread the word about the Salt Flats situation. Every chance I get I explain the to those interested about the problem. This being an East Coast event getting the word out at this big show I feel will help greatly.
   Now can we expect to have something downloadable in time for the date of this event?

Jalopyrama Reunion
Saturday, October 24th, 2015
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Where
Carroll County Agricultural (Ag) Center
Shipley Arena
706 Agriculture Center Drive
Westminster, MD 21157

Schedule of events:
Gates open at 8 a.m.
Entry: $10 per person kids under 12 free
Panel Jam: 1 p.m.
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

velocity

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 08:58:23 PM »
Getting the sign done by the 24th is a push - we are focused on getting things ready for the SEMA show - but there is hope.

The sign is low priority in comparison to SEMA, but we recognize it si a big deal for racers and have already sorted the text and some images, so work has been done on it already, just not enough yet.

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 08:33:12 PM »
A sign is a low priority!  Not everyone goes to SEMA I'm willing to continue to spread  the word as best as I can however I'm getting horse doing all the talking it would be nice to get some help. I also hate sounding like a broken record when I explain how the condtions have deteriated to the point where we may not race again for some time on the salt. A sign sure would help. OH WELL
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 10:41:06 AM »
Chris... it is time...  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 11:00:26 AM »
Nancy and I are going to the PRI (for the first time) this year, and I'm pretty sure there'll be something there in re: saving the salt (note small letters).  I'm not going to subject any of the groups to diminution by incorrect hyphens or something.  I know, though, that SEMA - who owns PRI - is very aggressively supporting the concept of getting us a racetrack soonest possible (writ the way we sorta selfishly see it).

Maybe I'll start a topic to let those of us that are thinking of attending the 9-12 December, Indianapolis, show -- can stay in touch and make plans to do what we can.

Deep enough!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 11:42:25 AM »
Chris... it is time...  :cheers:

Bob, I think you're right.

Getting the sign done by the 24th is a push - we are focused on getting things ready for the SEMA show - but there is hope.

The sign is low priority in comparison to SEMA, but we recognize it si a big deal for racers and have already sorted the text and some images, so work has been done on it already, just not enough yet.

Louise, seriously now, you've told us of the innumerable unbillable hours you're throwing at this, the copy is done, you've got images you want to integrate, but the organization can't delegate a simple project like layouts for flyers and a poster?

I deal with ad agencies and PR firms all the time - this is a job for interns and volunteers.

Why have you not reached out to us?  There is a wealth of talent on these boards willing and able to help.

if we could have about 499 more of you it would surely "save the salt."

We're here, we're concerned - why has the coalition not turned to their largest captive group of potential volunteers?

I've been in bands with drummers . . . yes, DRUMMERS . . . who can cut and paste copy and images into cohesive posters and flyers.  I know there are others here who are waiting for an opportunity to do something other than speculate, complain and let our imaginations run wild.

We are your resources, and handing off the work will shut us all up and let us feel like we're contributing.

Then, all you have to do is edit.  

300 unbillable hours?  Climb down from the cross - we're going to need the lumber and nails for signs.

Louise . . . the coalition needs to let us help.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:03:19 PM by Milwaukee Midget »
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline jdincau

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »
Right on point Chris.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

velocity

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2015, 03:00:46 PM »
Patience is a virtue rarely exhibited by people who demand freebies.

Anyone wishing to PAY for the design services for a sign please send me a PM