Author Topic: Couples  (Read 2720 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Couples
« on: September 24, 2015, 03:27:56 PM »
We have many friends that we have stayed in touch with that live in Dallas.

A very dear couple are also named Bill and Linda we have a very similar relationship very independent women who also worked. My wife as a sales rep for a commercial photography studio with 12 photographers  and Linda T who was an oil and gas accountant for Mobil, took early retirement and worked for a large Independent.

We have several mutual friends who are married to women who baby and pamper their husbands to the point that the men barely able to function as very old men way before their time to be so.

Burger cook out 4 couples---men on the back patio bs drinking and watching the cooking burgers being done by the hosts wife..  Burgers done taken inside---few minutes later the men are called to get their drinks and come eat.

Four men walk inside to a table set for 8, 8 chairs ---with perfectly made burgers sitting on the plates at 7 of the chairs and no plate in front of my buddy Bills assigned seat.

Where is MINE? Seems like the other wives had made their "honeys" burgers for them ---but Bill's wife had  not only not made one for him,  he was told that the plate on the cabinet with the last patty on it was his.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 10:56:05 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Couples
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 01:32:00 AM »
This is something I have noticed, too.  The guys get together for a BBQ and it means lots of joking around, carrying on, and everyone gets taken care of.  No fussing about. 

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 07:36:29 AM »

Where is MINE? Seems like the other wives had made their "honeys" burgers for them ---but Bill's wife had  not only not made one for him,  he was told that the plate on the cabinet with the last patty on it was his.

Sounds like trouble in paradise . . . . . . .
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 10:58:43 AM »
nope--- just their relationship---love each other dearly---just don't muss and fuss for each other are expected to do for themselves as long as possible
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!