Author Topic: Wilmington September Audio Streaming  (Read 17879 times)

gkabbt

Re: Wilmington September Audio Streaming
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2015, 04:01:35 PM »
Glen,  Track length is 1.7 miles which naturally gives 1 mile to run and .7 to stop.

#1 - As I heard, vehicle had a chute that did not blossom fully and after getting on the brakes, they worked for seconds and then the pedal went to the floor. This was a new vehicle and I think it was his second or third pass. Ran about 100' off.

#2 - As I heard, complete driver error for the vehicle that ran way off the end of the track!

.7 is plenty of shutdown even for a late chute and rear only brakes. Ask the 757 Camaro team of Jack Rogers. Fast pass with chute out between finish and short shutdown, on the brakes VERY hard with one of the calipers shattering but slowed enough to turn off at long shutdown and got it stopped.

At this meet, Shane Stubbs went 248 for a new track record for motorcycles
and Ron Keslowski went 236 for the fastest speed of the meet and year for a car and no issues from either!
Just checked the website and the track record for cars is the HINSON Motorsports Corvette at 244.1929.

HTH,
Gregg

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:38:57 PM by gkabbt »

Offline awelker

• www.vonwelker.com
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2015, 02:34:52 PM »
The archived audio for Sunday is only the last 15 minutes of the day??

Was the rest lost somewhere or am I just missing something?

Andy

gkabbt

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »
Andy, I don't know what happened. I did stream the entire day from 08:00 AM till 04:00 PM.
The archives reside on our vendors hardware so let me give them a call and see what's going on.

Back later,
Gregg

PS
I think I told you a couple of times, VERY beautiful lakester you have there!

EDIT TO ADD:
Ticket open with vendor. Now the waiting game!
Will keep you posted.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:38:51 PM by gkabbt »

Offline awelker

• www.vonwelker.com
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 09:11:19 AM »
Gregg,

Thanks for streaming and taking pictures.  Even though I was there I got to see and hear very little.

Nice to meet you and thanks for the compliments on the car.

Andy

gkabbt

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 05:12:35 PM »

I just got a reply from Meridix, our software vendor and this is what they reported:

Unfortunately, our engineers have determined that the file is unrecoverable.

Based on our logs, it appears that some sort of series of internet disconnections (onsite bandwidth drop or interruption) took place which affected the file. While our network 99% of the time can repair these sort of issues (i.e. stitch together pieces of a broadcast back into a whole), there can be situations where this is not possible and thus the broadcast starts over whole (a limitation of the H.264/AAC format atoms). It appears this occurred in this case, which is why you only see the last portion of the file available.

We're always working to improve the ways our system can correct for onsite issues and we will continue to invest in this. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We've never experienced any problems with Meridix so hopefully it was a one time thing.

Gregg