Author Topic: UTAH ALLIANCE  (Read 134709 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: UTAH ALLIANCE
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2016, 05:30:57 PM »
  The bottom line is that If He knew where He had to get to meant crossing groomed areas He should have crossed before or near the starting lines of the courses which would create the least harm (safety wise).  Like I said in My previous post, He is a nice guy who went out of His way to get me off of the road...yes the road (no shoulder there) and from my stand point provides a service that We need.  He just needs a set of rules, a gps and a copy of the coordinates of the current courses.  If it is a non-official vehicle then He should drive over it and drag the carcass further out and leave it.  I will pay the first $100. for that resolution.     Bob
Bob Drury

Offline azterry

• New folks
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2016, 07:21:35 PM »
A story, regarding the infamous Snow Cat, from the Salt Biscuit Team. I think it was during Speed week 2011 and we
had our bike in impound waiting for a back up run. During the night there was a whopper of a rainstorm which soaked
the Bend in the Road camping area. We found that, early in the morning, the mud was so greasy that our 30 foot MH
with a two axle trailer was totally stuck - just couldn't move. So we called Salt Flats towing and they easily extracted our
complete rig with the Snow Cat. That was the good part - the not so good part was that the service charge was $900.
The moral of the story is - keep your money and don't park where you will be caught in the mud when you need to
hurry to impound.
AZTerry

Offline crawford

« Reply #227 on: August 02, 2016, 10:49:43 PM »
  Mike, with all due respect, Louise reported facts while You are countering with YOUR opinion as is nothing more than that.  You seem to enjoy stirring the pot as much as helping Us out.  We support You and Your business but We don't necessarily have to.                  Bob
one suggestion don't, Bob. really don't care doing just fine without your business, and yes I mean that.
Current Mayor of Wendover Utah, and life long race fan. owns Wendover Carquest auto-parts.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #228 on: August 02, 2016, 11:41:54 PM »
  No skin off My ass either Mike.  It's a three hour round trip into Keystone Automotive and They Always Have It.  With your "take it or leave it" attitude and Your constant dismissal of any evidence contrary to research by others (and Yes You were right about this Year so far but one thirty minute thunderstorm may change that at any time)
but I wonder how much support You are losing for the Museum with Your pompous attitude.  You have made Your bed, now You sleep in it.
                                                                                                Sincerely, Bob
Bob Drury

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #229 on: August 03, 2016, 09:04:54 AM »
  We support You and Your business but We don't necessarily have to.                  Bob

[/quote] one suggestion don't, Bob. really don't care doing just fine without your business, and yes I mean that.
[/quote]

WOW!

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2016, 09:48:29 AM »
Guys, guys, please -- internecine tantrums won't help any of us in anything other than stress relief.  If we're cranky at one another now -- how're we gonna keep a civil mood going when we are all in Wendover at once?

See you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #231 on: August 03, 2016, 12:10:24 PM »
SSS   HEAR yee   :cheers: Hear yee  :cheers: hear yee  :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #232 on: August 03, 2016, 12:58:34 PM »
SSS, what exactly IS a 'internecine tantrum' ?  :-D  You are right on , we need to pull together and concentrate on the important stuff>>   The BSF and Lord willin' the upcoming events!  By the way , thanks for hosting this forum, it is a great place to keep up to date and get so really good advice. I'll be putting together a little  stipend to send your way as soon as the gov let's go with some of my SS ' entitlement'   Safe , fun season to all !!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
Gnome said:  "...what exactly IS a 'internecine tantrum' ..."

See page 697 of the Oxford American College Dictionary that's sitting right here on the desk.  That'll get you "internecine".  Tantrum -- you're on your own for that one.

Another phrase could be destructive sibling rivalry - in a manner of thinking.  Does that help?  Whatever -- thanks for thinking of me.  In my case the check arrives on the third Wednesday. :cry:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2016, 02:59:14 PM »
  I have reread what I previously posted on this subject several times and didn't see or understand Mikes retribution (?) but I guess it's one more thing I can add to My resume... I have been officially kicked out of a Auto Parts Store... and without even being there! 
  Up until now I only had a half a dozen or so Bar's, one Restaurant, and......... maybe a Algebra class or two, oh,  and the University of Oregon disinvite Me from returning.  It didn't work with Uncle Sam however.
  The whole thing is ubsurd.  I have now reread His response at least ten times and I am still left shaking My Head.  We all need to stop watching Politics on T.V.
                                              Bob Drury (and no, I am not mad at Mike or anyone who feels my "disbarment" was deserved).
Bob Drury

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2016, 03:14:55 PM »
 :-D
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline joea

« Reply #236 on: August 03, 2016, 03:55:10 PM »
Not long ago I shared some facts here regarding BSF care and condition

And this entity referred to me as "....
..""you are one of those special racers US locals call special!"

It meant a lot to me to be validated ...

seriously though this dialogue helps in understanding some the political climate..
that is important in moving forward...

As the political avenue is where progress will need to be fostered

We can hope that strong leadership emerges
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:59:18 PM by joea »

Offline DallasV

« Reply #237 on: August 03, 2016, 05:56:55 PM »
Back to what started this, the snow cat. IMHO it is a necessary evil. The problem lies with idiots getting stuck out on the salt. The snow cat driver provides a service and probably doesn't know where they should or shouldn't cross and shouldn't be criticized too harshly. If there are no cars to yank out he doesn't ever get on the salt. Look to the root cause to eliminate a problem.
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2016, 06:27:59 PM »
Absolute truth. A snow cat is probably the least destructive thing you can reasonably expect the tow service to supply. Do you think he should get a heavy lift helicopter? Blame the stuck dumbbell. Not the guy who removes him.

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2016, 06:54:03 PM »
Might be worth while for the racing groups to send him a courtesy map of where they are laying out courses since it changes a bit from year to year so he has a clear reference of those paths which would likely put the course safety in jeopardy.

Having worked on a tow truck years ago, it is a challenge sometimes to figure out the least damaging way to approach a stuck car without getting yourself stuck too.
As all such business he also has to consider wear and tear on his track and time, so unless told otherwise would want to take the most direct route out to the stranded vehicle.

I'm sure he would appreciate a good faith effort to help him avoid unintentionally trashing a critical part of the course, if the BLM were brought into this without first discussing the issue with the tow operator that would be poor sportsmanship. I of course don't know all the back story so if that discussion has happened several times in the past and in spite of that the tow operator disregarded damage to the courses then that would be a different issue.

A little consideration and professional courtesy goes a long way and we should not go out of our way to step on people's toes if it is not necessary.

Same goes for Mike Crawford due to his position in the community he has pressures he has to consider that outsiders do not. He after all has to live there in the off season, and he needs to seek the best solution for the town as well as the racers. Serving the needs of totally different groups can get very complicated and we need to understand that reality and not unnecessarily put him in a no win situation.