Author Topic: El Mirage September 2015  (Read 16602 times)

Offline NathanStewart

Re: El Mirage September 2015
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 12:30:33 AM »
Just heard that they're trying to make the October meet a two day event. Any out of staters might want to pass up September for October if you're only going to make one. Should be cooler too.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline vintageracecar

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 02:16:25 AM »
Correct, we are trying to make the October Elmo event a 2 day event. Believe Insurance and Permits would be lined up at this point,
if it comes together. If you are a member of a Scta club, please let your president and reps know that you are interested. Right now it
is up to the clubs to agree and come up with enough patrols and volunteers to staff this event. So, nothing is final yet.

Regarding the upcoming September event. Not sure, but most of you will remember the rain storms we had coming into the High Desert
about a month ago. There was A LOT of water on the lakebed. Believe it or not, but it all dried up and the courses are looking better
then they have in a long time. Also dried nicely, without most of the chips on top, like we usually get to see, after it dries to quickly.

Bill Lattin will be up there on Friday and help lay out 6 nice race courses, which should last us for the rest of the season.
Now, coming to the rest of the season as Nathan had mentioned earlier in this thread.
Remember we had Elmo cancelled in May, all the rain storms we had coming in lately and who can forget all the storms and bad weather
which has been hitting the BSF within the last 6 month or so.
They call this an El Nino year (sorry my keyboard doesn't have the little gismo to place above the word Nino and I am not quite sure where it would go anyway). But that's what they call it.
Now, with everything you know about this years weather pattern and about our luck with getting to race our race vehicles, are you
really going to take that chance and not come out for this event ? If you guys want to run this year, I would suggest not to waist any
more opportunities and make this September Elmo event.
If we really have 3 more Elmo events this year, including 2 more Two day meets, I would say you better call one of the Scta club Presidents as mentioned earlier in this thread and join a club. (unless you are a member of course)
There is a lot more fun to be had this year, why gamble with what we know we got right now.
Just saying....
Mike

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 06:10:42 AM »
Meanwhile I think I can find the way,

Thanks to JoAnn (Media) - she got me a couple of good informations via Email....

one of them was..."simple follow a Bonneville Hat...they know the way"....well, than I will be the only one with a Bonneville hat on and don't know the way....hope nobody is following me...

back to the real world...now, after I got this informations I think I can handle it....I read that I have to pick a pass on the fee machine...stay on the right hand...good to know...if I be between the cones....

let's check if the rental car got a parachute packed.....alright, from the salt I know...don't park between the cones......

What I don't know....Saturday is inspection day, is this right?....and when the gate will be open....or when did the inspection starts on Saturday????

Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline dw230

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 09:58:16 AM »
Porkie,

You can get on the lake bed almost 24/7. The pass machine is at the building at the end of the asphalt entry road. You will need it when you exit the lake bed in the evenings.
Inspection begins at approximately 10 AM on Saturday.

Come on by the White Goose Bar compound for an appropriate beverage during the weekend.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 10:18:55 AM »
Wow Dan, you guys have 20 year old Scotch... You know Pork Pie doesn't drink, but he occasionally samples the "water of life"  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline dw230

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 10:23:20 AM »
There cannot be anything 20 years of age on our bar. Goes against the DNA of the White Goose bar.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline MRK

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 10:57:42 AM »
There cannot be anything 20 years of age on our bar. Goes against the DNA of the White Goose bar.

DW

Unless she's serving!! :cheers:
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline dw230

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 11:08:01 AM »
Well, that's different.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2015, 05:17:33 PM »
Looking foward to making the trip over for the second time this year. Will be good to see Pork Pie as well.

Offline deucemac

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 01:18:44 AM »

DW
Any Beer Base amongst the other libations?

Offline dw230

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 09:53:15 AM »
Please. If the word Bar is a part of the team name, there is beer available.

DW

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline half-fast racer

• New folks
October
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2015, 05:03:38 PM »
Any further news on October Elmo being a 2 day meet?

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 07:47:17 PM »
A message from the SCTA President:

We had an excellent race meet at El Mirage for September. There were 113 entries, with more participants for this meet than normal.

Mother Nature was not so good to us up at Bonneville with the rains and mud flows deteriorating the salt flats, making it so no racing would take place for the SCTA. But at El Mirage Mother Nature was oh so good. The recent rains made the lake bed smooth, hard and durable.

The course held up for three rounds of racing and there was 183 passes down the course. The top time of the meet went to Ferguson Racing with a speed of 262.020 MPH and fastest motorcycle was Ralph Hudson at 218.392 MPH.

Hope to see you all in October for our two day meet.

Thanks again to all the Volunteers that came out to give a hand!

Faster is better most of the time!

Bill Lattin
SCTA President / Race Director
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator