Author Topic: Cook's FIM/AMS Speed Trials Info  (Read 33290 times)

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: Cook's FIM/AMS Speed Trials Info
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2015, 12:33:51 AM »
The BUB and now BMST inspectors have always been thorough and strict when looking at my pile, both in tech before the runs and in impound. 

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2015, 10:41:24 AM »
I am always amazed at folks who will disparage a particular organization such as the AMA yet have never even participated in one of their events.  They just go off of some rumor they heard on the internet or something like that yet have no first hand experience themselves.  Why would you even say anything negative if you were not directly affected?  That just does not make sense to me.

For folks to use the Motus records as an example makes no sense to me. They followed the rules set forth and even made sure ahead of the event that they were legal.  FIM routinely allows the same production criteria for world superbike entries.

Like I said, I have nothing but respect for BMST and the AMA for putting on the only motorcycle exclusive LSR event in the country.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:08:38 AM by nrhs sales »

Offline RichFox

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2015, 11:14:23 AM »
I don't understand what is so good about having an all motorcycle event. Do you think your bike will get cooties from our cars? Some time ago an all car event was considered. Because of the number of entrys growing. Seemed like a good idea to me. But SCTA-BNI decided to add courses instead. That way people who wish to gain membership in the 2 club, have a chance at a number of runs to work on the tune. Between them and the USFRA it seems as though anyone meeting the 2 club minimums would have no excuse for not jumping in.

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2015, 11:17:25 AM »
It's a motorcycle thing, if I have to explain it you wouldn't understand..   :-D

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2015, 11:18:24 AM »
This coming from a guy who owns a 2005 "street" Corvette that puts 550 hp to the rear wheels.  :cheers:

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2015, 11:27:38 AM »
I am always amazed at folks who will disparage a particular organization such as the AMA yet have never even participated in one of their events.  They just go off of some rumor they heard on the internet or something like that yet have no first hand experience themselves.  Why would you even say anything negative if you were not directly affected?  That just does not make sense to me.

I'm not going off any rumors, and yes their sloppy enforcement of their own rules does have a direct effect on others, whether they participate in their events are not, in my case not. However, when you have folks making record claims of similar classes, even if different sanctioning organizations. Then it's nothing less than fraud on the competitors not to enforce the rules and regulations.

So maybe it would best for you to encourage the AMA folks to tighten up the ship on class rule enforcement, which would have the effect of bringing credibility to their record claims, along with giving participants their monies worth to compete at their events. Maybe I should have my own amazement over you trying to fined fault with me over point out an otherwise obvious issue. I guess shooting at the messenger is easier than fixing the problem.

Rouse    
Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2015, 11:40:38 AM »
Rouse,
please tell us what part of their rules did they not enforce? I have not seen any proof that they did not enforce AMA/FIM rules.

it seems that you are mad because they did not use SCTA rules?

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »
Here is the AMA production rule:

A “production motorcycle class” is as “produced by a recognized
manufacturer”, and the public must be able to purchase a minimum
of 500 frames through retail dealers

It does not say anything about 500 bikes have to already been produced so I do not understand your argument? I guarantee you if you called Motus right now and said you wanted to order 500 bikes they would be more than happy to sell all 500 to you.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 11:56:50 AM by nrhs sales »

Offline rouse

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2015, 12:00:20 PM »
Here is the AMA production rule:

A “production motorcycle class” is as “produced by a recognized
manufacturer”, and the public must be able to purchase a minimum
of 500 frames through retail dealers

It does not say they anything about 500 bikes have to already been produced so I do not understand your argument?

I'd think it would be a little hard to buy from a retail dealer something that don't exist? Maybe they are supposed to pull a rabbit out of the hat? I guess that would do it. Or maybe someday they'll be available.

If you think that meets the intent of the availability rule, then there's not much point in talking to you about it. You may go on your merry AMA way now.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2015, 12:11:51 PM »
There are something like 17 dealers across the country and they are available for sale so you are making yourself look silly right now:

http://motusmotorcycles.com/dealers

Offline RichFox

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2015, 12:26:25 PM »
So that's what this is about? Motus motorcycles? Don't they have their own thread? I seem to remember that. This thread was about Cooks meet. I am hoping Bob Dalton- Jackson- Mayer will be running there. That is why I am reading this thread about Cool's Speed Trials.

Offline rouse

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2015, 04:01:54 PM »
So that's what this is about? Motus motorcycles? Don't they have their own thread? I seem to remember that. This thread was about Cooks meet. I am hoping Bob Dalton- Jackson- Mayer will be running there. That is why I am reading this thread about Cool's Speed Trials.

Your right and Mike and all his crew deserve better. So I'll keep any further comments on point.

Rouse
Johnnie Rouse

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2015, 04:37:48 PM »
I am hoping Bob Dalton- Jackson- Mayer will be running there

Not sure if you saw that cars ARE NOT going to be running for records at the event.  Just test and tune one way.

Motorcycles only for records.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:56:23 PM by nrhs sales »

Offline dw230

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
thenav,

Pretty good post for your first.
Since you called me out let me explain something to you. Stated in your SCTA-BNI rule book, you do have one don't you, on page 198 it tells you the criteria of Club membership. The list of accepted organization records is there and it does not include the AMA at this time. The Club is not about "hitting the 200 MPH mark" it 's all about setting a record in excess of 200 MPH. One must first know what the class record is before one can decide if they wish to challenge it. I hope you realize that some records are far in excess of 200 MPH. Ack Attack at 376 for example. The Club is separate from SCTA-BNI and any other organization so it is our rules. How about your local country club are their rules for membership to your satisfaction?

At BMST there is a FIM representative on site to certify the records. The tech and certification workers are under his supervision and he can deny a record if there is a problem with the bike. In addition to the technical part of the event he must oversee the operational side, ensure the timing and course set up meets FIM standards, etc. I have absolutely no problem with Drew and the others who work the event. Take the time to research all the threads on the site that followed each BUB, now BMST, event in the past. You will see a lot of personal experiences that were unsatisfactory to the competitors.

Now that I have said this, how do you feel about the Loring event not certifying gasoline. No gas check, no sealed tanks, this came up in another thread today. How can they be sure that a competitor is in fact in a gas class and not using alcohol, nitrous or any number of fuels to set a gas class, Production record, for instance?

Good luck to you and I will be more than happy to award you your red hat when you set your record,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline bak189

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2015, 05:24:47 PM »
Hey Rouse..............you raced the Texas Mile...........did you set a record?????? Did they test your fuel....Did they measure the engine dis placement??????................Just want to know.........................
Question authority.....always